Chapter Seven

Yeah...no. I'm not going to make it. I can refrain from hurting the ones I love, or the ones I don't want to hurt...I'm 100% sure I don't love Harris and I'm only 80% sure I don't want to hurt him.

"I need to leave." I blurt out and shove all of my things into my bad and walk out, despite Harris's protests and threats to call home.

I run into my car, and almost as if by instinct, I drive straight to Damon's house. I walk in without knocking, Damon has no friends to have over at his house and Caroline is at school, I have nobody to barge in on.

"Ah, Tiny Temper, What are you doing home this early? Skipping school?" He asks with a smirk, teasing my height and my temper in that stupid nickname.

"You did this to me, you are gonna help me." I say and he lets out a little laugh. "I would normally say no, but I have a feeling you will be more fun if you aren't A. Murdering people and exposing all three of us, or B. On the bunny diet with Stefan...plus you're hot." He winks and I growl.

"What do you need me to do?" He asks. "Teach me control, how to run fast, how to fight...and that weird mind control thingy." I say, scrunching my nose up at the last part.

"What do I get in return?" He asks. "Your secret kept, you know, from the likes of Caroline." I shrug. "Nope. I'll need more than that." He smirks. "Fine, name your price." I sigh.

"Nothing...not yet. Just know you owe me. Big time. And I expect you to do a favour for me in return." He says. "What will this favour be?" I ask. "I'm not sure yet, but when I ask you for a favour I hope you follow through." He smirks and I scoff.

"Fine." I grumble.

We go into the woods and speeds a circle around me. "Okay, class is in session. Today's lesson: vamp speeding." He says, mocking a teacher.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Come on! We have been at this for hours!" He exclaims. "Exactly! I give up. I'm starving, I haven't had any blood since this morning!" I say and Damon's expression changes from annoyed to amused. "I have an idea, hold on." He says and within 4 seconds, he's gone and back with a blood bag.

He's about 40 feet away from me. "What is that gonna do?" I ask flatly. He opens the bag and without a second thought, I vamp speed towards the bag and rip it from his hands before drinking it all.

"Better?" He asks with a smirk. "Yeah...Wait...did I do it?" I ask, referring to vamp speeding. "Yes. You did. Congratulations." He says, the last part being in his typical sarcastic tone.

I vamp speed a circle around him. "Okay, next, control. And that will be all for today." He says and I nod. "Wait here." He commands.

He vamp speeds off somewhere and comes back a person. "Where did you get her?!" I exclaim, referring to the petrified strawberry blonde woman that he has by the collar.

"Okay, this can double as a compulsion lesson." I shrug. "Good idea, one less day I have to spend with you." He grins and I stick out my tongue like a child.

"Okay, So what you're gonna do is look into her eyes, and tell her to be quiet and not make a sound." He says and throws her at me.

I grab her by the shoulders. "Be quiet and don't make a sound." I say and she looks at me, still scared. "Just please let me go." She says and I look at Damon.

"Say it like you mean it." He says, getting annoyed. I try again. "Don't make a sound." I say, surprisingly it works.

"Now what?" I ask Damon. "Now, you eat her..." He says as if it was obvious. I sink my teeth into her neck, it tastes better than a blood bag. Soon enough, her body falls on the floor.