Chapter Fifteen

Third Person P.O.V. - The Grill

"And there Val was just in the bathroom brushing her teeth." Elena says to Stiles and Matt as they play pool.

Stiles sighs. "Yeah I have to admit, your brother and my sister? That's pretty weird." Stiles scoffs. "I thought it was Jer and Vik that we're doing it..gotta say I'm kinda relieved." Matt shrugs and Elena nudges him playfully.

"So how late is he?" Stiles asks Elena as she checks her phone. "Reaching the hour mark." She sighs deeply.

Val's P.O.V. -Gilbert Residence

We woke up about an hour later and got dressed and have just been watching videos on his laptop since, him constantly apologising for earlier and me assuring him it's fine.

The doorbell rings so we make our way downstairs and I answer, Jeremy beside me. "Hey, what's up?" I ask. "Have you seen Elena?" He asks me. "No...why? What'd you do now?" I ask and he sighs. "I was late and she took off." He says and I give him a sorry look.

"Can't catch a break, huh?" I ask and he looks down and nods. "Thanks anyway, I'll Uh, I'll see you later." He says and goes to leave but Jeremy calls after him.

"Wait, come in and make her dinner or something. She loves chicken parmesan." My boyfriend offers. "He's right, Stef. If you wanna win a girl over after screwing up you better make a romantic gesture." I tease and he laughs.

"Yeah okay. Only if you got boyfriend doesn't mind." He attempts to taunt and steps inside. "Typically I would by appalled by the insinuation..but he actually is my boyfriend." I say as Jeremy wraps an arm around me.

"And Uh, What does Elena make of this?" He asks me with a smile. "Why don't you ask her yourself...oh wait...she's still pissed." I taunt him and he fake laughs as he gets stuff out of the fridge. I haven't seen this 'carefree-joking' side of Stefan yet.

"That's why I'm making this dinner." He says and I sigh. "That's only if you can cook." Jeremy smirks. "He can, surprisingly." I nod.

"Well you have fun with...all of this. We'll be upstairs." I say and lead my boyfriend upstairs.

"I really am sorry about earlier." Jeremy says and I shrug. "It's fine." I say and kiss him. Of course I'm still mildly pissed but not enough to make a whole scene.

I hear the door slam and Elena march upstairs before slamming her bedroom door. I look up at Jeremy. "I'm gonna go talk to her." He says and I nod.

He gets up and passes through their joint bathroom. "You Okay?" He asks her. "If Val in there?" She asks.

"Don't answer a question with another question." Jeremy says amused. "Maybe." He chuckles and I bite back a laugh. "What's wrong with you?" Jeremy asks his sister to which she lets out a huff.

"I'm miserable." She says glumly. "Well, you should go get something to eat." He suggests and she heads downstairs,Jeremy comes back into his room and sits on the edge of the bed.

"That was pretty romantic, what you did for Elena." I say as I stand in front of him, tracing shapes lightly on his shoulders. "Well I was feeling romantic." He smirks. "Oh really?" I ask as he stands up. "Uh-huh." He says with a open mouthed smile before grabbing my waist and spinning me so I land on the bed with him on top of me, his head buried in the crook of my neck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Salvatore Boarding House - Later that night.
I go down and see Damon. I watch him struggle to find the energy is and I can't help but feel a hint of satisfaction.