Chapter Thirteen

A week later

I groan as the sun glimmers through my window, the crack in my curtain shining through and hitting my face. "Stefan I just wanted t-." An unfamiliar voice sounds my room. I sit up and look towards my bedroom door.

"I heard someone in here, I assumed it was Stefan...I'm sorry, you are?" The man asks. "I'm Val.." I say, utterly confused. "You?" I ask. "I'm the owner of this house. Zack Salvatore." He says. "You're related to Stefan and Damon?" I ask. "Yeah...are you another one of Damon's play toys?" He asks inquisitively.

I laugh lightly. "Uh, no. I'm a friend of Stefan's. You see, Damon turned me and I've had one of the ugliest vampire transitions ever, Stefan felt bad and was kind enough to let me stay here as my father is a member of the founders council and the sheriff." I ramble with a smile. "Right..but I didn't invite you in. So...how did you get in?" He asks and I purse my lips.

"I honestly don't know." I think about it. "Well I'm gonna go downstairs now.." He says awkwardly. "Yeah okay." I say and he leaves.

I get out of bed, rubbing my head. I throw my silk robe over my cotton shorts and tank top and listen out for Stefan's voice, which is coming from his room.

I walk in and stand against the door frame. "Girls just can't resist my good looks, my charm, and my unflinching ability to listen to..Taylor swift." Damon says.

"I beg to differ." I push myself off of the door frame and walk over to the brothers who have turned their attention turned towards me.

"I'm a girl and I find you utterly repulsive, so does Elena, and Bonnie, and probably Caroline if you weren't controlling her brain." I retort. "Very funny. Stefan, tell your pet to behave." Damon says and walks out.

Once it's just the two of us he speaks up. "You going to the founders party?" He asks and I shake my head. "My Dad & brother will be there, and it will be too awkward." I shrug.

"Yes but you moving out and not showing up to any events will start to look suspicious..besides I need your help with Damon tonight." He says and I pause.

"Okay Fine, under one condition though." I huff. "Which is..?" He asks. "Keep your uncle-nephew-cousin-sibling-father or whoever it is out of my bedroom." I say. "You've met Zack." He points out.

"Yeah, I have." I say flatly. "I'm sorry I forgot to say anything to you." He apologises. "It's fine...but how exactly did I get into the house of a human owns it?"I ask and Stefan pauses.

"It will make sense eventually." He explains. "Ugh come on! More secrecy?" I ask, annoyed.

"Just..get ready for tonight." Stefan says and I huff again, going into my room and picking out my outfit in advance, realising Caroline has the earrings I need.

I call her, luckily she answers. "Hey Care, do you still have those earrings I let you borrow?" I ask. "Actually I gave them to Elena...sorry." She says and hangs up. I just sigh and roll my eyes.

"Guess I'm going to Elena's." I mumble. I get changed, and walk downstairs and get a blood bag and a glass of bourbon before leaving the house, not saying a word to Stefan.

I drive to her house and see Tyler standing at her door. I get out of my car and walk over to them. "I'm fine he's just being a punk." Tyler says to Elena calmly. "I got your punk." Jeremy spits with a glare, clearly someone was lying when they said they are over Vicky.

I come up beside Tyler. "Look Tyler, maybe you should go. Tell your mom Elena and I will see her tonight." I smile sweetly and he nods and leaves.