Chapter Sixteen

Matt and I watch 'Rocky Horror Story' to pass the time. Matt, Elena, Stiles and I used to watch it growing up so we know every word to every song.

As the movie ends, Matt gets a call. "It's Jeremy." Matt says, confused. "Answer it." I say, scrunching my face. I don't even bother listening in.

"Hey...She is?...Did you call the police?...Yeah I'll be right there." Matt says and hangs up. "What is it?" I ask.

"Vicki turned up at Elena's place." He says, confused. "For Jeremy." I say. "But I though you two-." He starts. "I know but before he and I got together, those two were what someone would call an 'item.'."I say and we leave, taking Matt's car.

We get to the house and Matt knocks, Jeremy quickly answering. "Hey." He greets us. "Where is She?" Matt asks as we step inside. "Come this way." Jeremy says, and we walk to see Vicki drinking out of a can of soda, surrounded by food as she cries.

"What is she on?" I ask and Jeremy shrugs before answering. "I-I don't know." He says and Matt approaches his sister.

Jeremy places a hand on each arm and kisses my head 3 times gently before resting his chin on my head and slipping his hands around my waist. He pulls me into his chest protectively but gently.

Vicki starts to tell Matt where 'it hurts'. "My gum..my jaw..I-I-there's something in my gum, I-it hurts Mattie." She says and we look at each other.

Slowly but surely the cogs turn in my head until something click. She's hungry, she's annoyed by the sun, her jaws hurt. I went though those things when I transitioned. She's turning into a vampire.

"What do we do?" I ask, playing along with the clueless act. "I don't know-." Matt starts to speak. "Turn it off!" Vicki yells. "Turn What off, Vick?" Jeremy asks.

"The noise..the chatter. Just turn it off!" She yells and gets up. She walks towards the living room and we follow her.

I grab her shoulder lightly. "Vicki it's-." I start to speak but she turns around. "I SAID STOP!" She yells and throws me across the room, my back hitting a wall and my hand slamming into something that has caused my finger to break - not that they saw.

"Val!" Jeremy calls out and runs to me. "Are you Okay?" Matt asks. "I'm fine." I say as I let Jeremy help me up - hiding my hand.

Elena and Stefan walk in and I approach them. "What's going on?" Elena asks and I look at Stefan who is already looking at me. "She's in transition." I fan out so no human can hear me, but he can.

He makes Vicki look at him. "Guys she'll be fine, just get her upstairs and close the blinds." He orders Matt and Jeremy.

Once they're gone Elena starts to question Stefan. "You know what's wrong with her?" She asks. "She's transitioning." Stefan says. "Into what?" Elena asks.

"A vampire." I say and snap my broken finger back into place, groaning slightly. "Bitch threw me across the room and broke my finger." I say with annoyance.

"How can she be a vampire?" Elena asks. "Damon must have gotten to her. To become a vampire you have to die with vampire blood in her system and then drink from a human." Stefan explains.

"And what happens if she doesn't?" Elena asks me. "She'll die." I say softly. "What?" Elena breathes out.

"She's upstairs with him right now." Elena says, pacing. "It's okay, she doesn't remember anything now. A part of her is still human, but the further she gets into the transition, the more she will remember. She will know she has to make the choice." Stefan says.

"The same choice the two of you made?" Elena asks us coldly. "Hey, I didn't ask for any of this okay? Damon practically forced me to feed." I say flatly. "You're right, I'm sorry Val but I can't ignore what you are. I don't think I can let you hang around with Jeremy anymore, he's not safe." She says.