Chapter Five

I march downstairs and head to the kitchen, grabbing a piece of the dessert Caroline and Damon brought, to subdue my cravings.

"Ah, I See Stefan thought you the old 'food helps subdue cravings.' Trick." Damon's voice says quietly. I turn to face him. "Yeah, He did. He's also gonna help me through all of this." I say with a sarcastic smile. Damon lightly chuckles and starts doing the dishes, I help.

"Stefan is gonna make you weak...that's his plan you know? He's gonna make you feed off of animal blood, which will only keep you alive. You won't be as strong or fast as an average vampire, you will have a hard time compelling people, trust me." He smirks.

"Oh shut up Damon." I curse under my breath. "You'll be so much more powerful if you let me teach you my way." Damon says. "How about...no?" I respond and continue to wash the dishes, getting back to thinking about why Jeremy kissed me.

"I wouldn't read into it." Damon says and I raise an eyebrow. "What?" I ask. "The whole thing with Jeremy, don't read into it. He's another horny teenage boy looking for some action. I'm surprised you girls don't notice." Damon shrugs.

"I do notice you idiot, Jeremy isn't like that, I can tell who is and who isn't. I'm not like most girls." I shrug. "Really? So you aren't a quirky, cute, high pitched daddy's girl who loves to shop?" He taunts.

"When I wanna be? Yes, I am all of those things. But when I'm alone, or with people I've known my whole life, I'm different. I'm a bitch, borderline sociopath who is just about ready to go on a killing spree." I say and he lightly chuckles.

"Oh and I'm no longer a daddy's girl, you made sure of that when you turned me." I smile bitterly, rinsing a cup. "Oh yes, he's a founder, right?" He asks and I nod. "And the sheriff, kind of like your play things mom, who also hates...us." I say, still not looking up at him.

"I'll be careful, I promise." He says sarcastically like a child and I roll my eyes. "This is nice, we're bonding. I like it." He grins as I pass I'm some things to put on the dish rack.

"Bite me." I sneer. "I already did, then I killed you." He smirks and I sigh. I walk away and sit on the couch, Elena gets up and helps Damon.

Stefan and I listen to how "Matt tries." And that Stefan must remember that Matt and Elena were each others first, like "since the sandbox." Stefan gives me a look as to say 'that's you're friend?'

I shoot him a look back as to say 'cut her some slack.' After another dreadfully awkward 10 minutes, Jeremy comes downstairs. He heads for the door.

"Uh, where do you think you're going?" Elena asks, making him stop in his tracks. "Out to the grill." He says, I hear his heartbeat rise meaning he's lying . "I don't believe you, I'm not letting you go anywhere other than school until I know I can trust you not to end up in a ditch." Elena folds her arms.

I take this as my chance to escape. "I'll go with him, make sure he doesn't do anything stupid." I smile falsely.

"You don't have to-." Jeremy starts. "Great! Thanks." Elena smiles and we walk out the door. Once we get out of the driveway he looks at me. "Why?" He asks. "Well, I wanted to leave and the only way she would let you leave was if you thought someone was going to supervise you on your made up trip to the Grill." I shrug and he raises an eyebrow.

"Oh don't worry, I'm not about to crash your little weed session in the graveyard." I scoff and he laughs. "You wouldn't be crashing, it would be kind of entertaining to see the sheriffs daughter being rebellious for once." He smirks. "I can do plenty of rebellious things, I just pretend I'm this perfect, perky, shallow but outgoing, easy girl, so that nobody thinks the sheriff has two weird kids." I say as we slowly walk, my house is on the way to the graveyard from here.

"That was...deep." He says and I let out a very small laugh. "So tell me rebel, What is the real Valentina like?" He asks. "Well, she's into horrors, anything involving death and blood seems interesting, die hard mets fan, dances around in her pyjamas whilst getting ready for school, isn't uptight and...never tells anybody any of this, but is for some reason telling you, someone she doesn't even know all to well." I say and he looks at me with an amused expression.

"That's why I kissed you." He says. "What?" I asked. "I kissed you because I knew you had something to you, I had a feeling the daddy's girl thing was just an act." He shrugs. "I've been putting it on for so long it's almost like I have some sort of split personality or something, I don't even think about it first. Once I see another human, it's an automatic 'oh my gosh let's go shopping' sort of thing."I say, mocking myself.

He lets out a brief laugh and the cuts himself off, a look on his face as if he's realised something. "What is it?" I ask and he smiles at me. "Nothing, it's just...I haven't actually laughed around anyone else since my parents died." He says, if he's going to open up, I should too I guess.

"I was the same for a while after my mom died when I was 11, the only person I would talk to was my brother. That's what started 'the act', to make it seem like I was okay." I admit sheepishly and he gives me a sad smile.

"What kind of name is Stiles?" He asks and I laugh loudly. "It's a nickname, he can't pronounce his real name, the closest he could get was 'mischief.'." I chuckle.

"What is his real name?" He asks curiously. "Mieczyslaw Stiles Noah Stilinski." I say and laugh at his shock. "He must have been a torture in the womb to deserve that name." He jokes and I laugh.

"I didn't exactly get a great name either. Valentina is cute, I just don't suit it." I shrug. "I think you do, it's also sort of sexy." He says and I blush and look away.

We get to my house and we look at each other. "Well this is my stop." I say awkwardly and we stand there for a moment, I pull my sleeves of my jacket over my hands, only showing the tips of my fingers.

"Sorry for kissing you earlier." He says and I look at him. "It's fine." I say. "No, it's not. I kind of like you and that isn't how I wanted our first kiss to go." He says.

"Well, the reason I didn't kiss back is because we really didn't know each other...after that walk I feel like you know more about me than most people." I shrug.

He takes a baby step closer. "So, do you wanna try that again...maybe?" He asks and I nod. "Possibly." I say, biting my lip to hold a smile but failing miserably.

He puts a hand on my hip and one of my face. I put a hand on his bicep and one on the back of his neck. He closes the gap between us and kisses me soft and slowly. We pull away and I smile, I kiss him again, deepening it ever so slightly.

We both smile into the kiss before pulling away. We start to walk away from each other, but still facing one another. "See you around rebel." He says and walks away.

I laugh lightly and can't fight the smile on my face. I turn around on my heel, and walk into my house in an extremely happy mood.

I thought the whole vampirism thing was supposed to make me want to eat him, guess not.