Lucien Castle #1

You and Lucien had plans to go out tonight, but it's basically a blizzard outside tonight, and it probably isn't safe to go out on a night like this.

 "I know you wanted to go out tonight, Y/N," Lucien says. "So did I. But if it's dangerous out there, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to keep you indoors for the night."

 You sigh. "I figured that."

 "Well, we'll just have to stay indoors tonight. Tell you what, I'll fix us dinner."

 "You can cook?" you ask him.

 He shrugs. "Something I picked up on over the years."

 So, you wait patiently while Lucien makes dinner for you both, and when the two of you sit down it to eat, you find the food is delicious.

 "I don't know you did to this," you say between mouthfuls, "But it is delicious."

 He smiles. "Well, I try."

 After dinner, it's still snowing outside. Looking out the window, Lucien says, "It's a good thing we stayed in, because I wouldn't have wanted anything to happen to you out there."

 "Lucien, you do know I'm an adult?"

 "Of course I do. That doesn't mean I'm not going to feel the need to protect you." He goes to the radio and looks through your CDs to select one and place it in the radio. When the music starts up, he says, "Come on. Dance with me."

 "You're serious? You know I'm not that great with dancing."

 "Oh, nonsense. I know you can dance just fine." He holds out his hand. "Please."

 "Okay." You sigh and take his outstretched hand, letting him pull you into a slow dance.

 "Thanks you being so great about all of this," you say. "Our plans for the night got ruined, and you tried finding a way to fix it."

 "Well, I couldn't set you up for disappointment, could I?" Lucien replied. "I know I can have a bit of a bad temper at times, and I suppose I just wanted to be impressive in coming up with an alternative plan."

 You smile. "Well, consider me impressed."

 He smiles back, and pulls you into a kiss.

 But you hear the music suddenly stop. You open your eyes and look around. All the lights have gone out.

 Lucien sighs. "Perfect. Power outage. I suppose we'll be going to bed in the dark tomorrow night."

 "Great," you say. "You've seen how I stumble around when there's no light."

 "Well, then," he lifts you up in his arms, "I suppose I'll have to protect you for the night."

 "Sreiously?" you giggle. "You're gonna protect me from the dark?"

 "I'll certainly try," he answers as he carries you up the stairs. "All night, if I have to."