Damon Salvatore #8

Despite being as young as you are, you recently became the leader of a small pack of werewolves in the Mystic Falls area. At first, you were honored and excited to have the opportunity to become the alpha. You imagine yourself being a great leader whom everyone likes and respects, but that ends up being a lot more work than you realized it was going to be. 

 Every now and then someone can be a troublemaker or a fight will break out between two wolves, and you're usually expected to sort everything out. There's also making sure no humans can guess or find out that there's something different about any of the members of the pack. And on top of that, there are a few older pack members who seem to think you're too young to be able to lead the group. 

 You have a job working at the Mystic Grill, but all the stress and time you've been spending getting used to the transition into alpha has made you miss time at work or spend less time concentrating when you are at work. You begin to worry that you're going to get fired if you can't figure out how to manage your time, and you can't lose your job. 

 Late one afternoon, Damon Salvatore, of all people, walks into the Mystic Grill. You and your pack have had run-ins with Damon before, and he isn't someone you're particularly fond of. 

 "Y/F/N Y/L/N." He walks up to the bar. "Word on the street is that you're the town's youngest alpha now." 

 "Keep your voice down," you reply in a low voice. "I don't need everyone in town hearing about it. Yes, it's true, if you must know." 

 "Well, congratulations. How's that going for you? Going by the dark circles under your eyes, I'm guessing it's not the easiest job you could have gotten."

 "Damon," you say with a sigh, "Why are you here?" 

 "I'm often here," he answers. "I thought you would have noticed that by now. And I know you're sometimes here in the afternoons, so I thought I would get a drink and congratulate you." He pauses. "You know, I'd say you need a break from both your jobs. Why don't you and I go out and do something together?" 

 You raise your eyebrows and stare at him in genuine surprise. "You and me? You're serious?" 

 "Yes, I'm very serious. I know we haven't gotten along too well in the past, but maybe we can fix that. What do you think?" 

 You think about it. It wouldn't be so bad, you think. Damon seems very serious about the idea, so maybe he does genuinely want to spend some time with you. 

 "I get off my shift in a few hours," you say, glancing at your watch. "Maybe we can do something after that, if I don't have anywhere else to be by then." 

 "I see. Very busy pack leader. Well, I'll be back later, then." 

 After a slow few hours, Damon does come back. 

 "Well? Anything else come up?" he asks. 

 "No. I'm actually free for the rest of the evening." 

 "Then why don't you let me walk you home as a start? We can talk, and you can decide whether or not you like me." 

 You smile. "Okay. But as long as no one else from my pack sees us together." 

 "And we'll handle it if they do. Can't blame me for trying to be nice, can they?" 

 "I guess not," you answer. "Let's go."