Chapter 7

A/N Recently, a little boy at my school named Joey past away. He had been diagnosed last year when he was in first grade. Once his parents found out, our school had fundraisers once, or even sometimes twice a month to help pay for his treatments. He was a wonderful person and made the people around him happy. I have decided to dedicate this story to him. He deserved to live a longer life, but he made the most of his time here on earth. May he rest eternally in peace.

Previously...

Annabeth turned to see everyone standing there looking at her expectantly. Piper shrugged her shoulders, then walked inside with the others. Annabeth decided to follow suit, so she picked up the laundry basket and walked in the open back door. Setting the basket in the hallway, Annabeth walked into the living room and sat on the couch by everyone else.

They all sat silently for a moment, until Leo said exasperatedly, "Who's going first?"

They all looked at each other and someone spoke up, "Um... It all started a few years ago..."

Present

All eyes were on Hazel waiting for her to start her story.

"My mom always saw me as a burden after my father left us and chose Nico's family over ours. Mother always blamed me for her problems and expressed those thoughts loudly and constantly. I was stuck with her and had to do everything she told me or I would have to sleep outside or go without dinner."

(A/N Its time to change things up, so for each story it's going to be told in that person's pov)

Hazel's POV

Hazel let her memory trail back to just before she went to New York and was abandoned by both of her parents.

She had been in the back yard weeding the garden which had been one of the many chores her mother had given her. She was the crazy lady of their small town in Alaska who would look into her crystal ball and tell people their "futures". Hazel's job while her mother did that was to keep the house clean and stay away from her mother at the same time. While she was throwing the weeds in the compost bin, she heard the sound of glass breaking and her mother screaming for her to come clean the mess up.

Hazel sighed and brushed her hands on her pants to get the dirt off before she entered the house. She found her mother to be no where in sight, but there was, however glass and flowers on the dining room floor from the vase that had been broken. Hazel quickly got the broom out of the closet and began to sweep the mess off of the floor. It was then Hazel began to form an idea. She had seen police files on the news about children who did it, and as she thought about it the more the more appealing the idea became to her.

She was broken out of her trance by her mother swearing at her to dust the cabinets and make dinner. Her mother's cursing was one of the reasons she hated when people talked like that carelessly.

At dinner that night Hazel's plan was set into stone by her mother's constant complaining and demands.

Per usual her mother dismissed her after she had finished eating. She didn't care that Hazel still had half of her dinner left.

Hazel silently closed her bedroom door and started to put her plan into action.

Over the next few months, she saved up enough money for what she had planned and took all of the money saved in her bank account out. In mid- May, she was ready for the final stages of her plan.

Hazel looked down at her bed where she had laid everything down. She double- checked her list. She had all of the crucial supplies; clothes, food, money, and she had even gone out and gotten a small double- sleeper tent (she was quite surprised to find it was very compactable and she could strap it to her backpack and easily carry it).

Hazel then carefully put everything into her backpack and hid it under her bed.

That night, after her mother had screamed at her to go to sleep, she slowly opened her bedroom door and walked out into the hall. Listening for her mother, she quietly ventured through the living room.

Just as she was about to open the front door, her mother jumped in front of her and started yelling.

Should've gone out the window, Hazel scolded herself

"IF YOU WALK OUT THAT DOOR YOU'LL NEVER BE ALLOWED IN THIS HOUSE AGAIN, YOU WORTHLESS BRAT!"

"THAT'S WHY I'M LEAVING!" Hazel had never yelled at her mother before and surprised her mother and herself when she did.

"AT LEAST I WON'T HAVE TO FEED YOUR SORRY-"

By then, Hazel had run out the door and was going to the station to get on a late train to anywhere far away from Alaska.

Hazel ended up going to New Orleans and meeting Frank there after many transfers in different towns.

Hazel stopped talking and looked at everyone's faces. Some people already knew her story, but others had looks of sympathy for her dealing with her mother or admiration of her bravery to travel across the continent.

As Hazel's eyes raked across the room she realized Nico must have come for a visit, since she saw him standing in a dark corner watching them all, but when he saw Hazel looking at him, he gave her an encouraging smile.

"I guess I'll go next since I was a part of Hazel's story," Frank said squeezing her hand and smiling at her.

A/N I'm just gonna do one person's story a week, cause then I won't have to actually think about what I'm writing for the next two months.