Chapter 20

The son of Odin groggily opened his eyes when he was awakened by the irritating high-pitched screaming of the alarm clock that sat on the table next to his bed. The incessant beeping of the alarm continued to cut through the air as he turned over in his bed to face it, strands of his golden hair falling in front of his face.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP. BEE-

His fist crashed down on the clock, cracking the screen and leaving the metal contorted. The clock croaked out one last broken chime before becoming completely silent. The muscles in his arm remained tense as he forced his eyes open wider in order to read the time on the shattered screen. As his eyes focused, he could make out the time 10:30am. Thor groaned and rolled back over to face the wall of his sleeping quarters. He allowed his eyes to close again before a voice from behind him jolted them back open again.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty! Get your ass up. Apparently, your friend with the 20/20 vision has news for you!" Stark's voice rang from the speakers in the room, "And I'm not resetting your alarm clock again, you have slept through the first five already!"

Thor rolled back over to face the rest of his room and sat up on the side of the bed. The room was smaller than he was used to back at Asgard. The grey walls were bare except for the white lights that lined them. A bedside table, desk, chair, and bed were the only furniture in the room. However, Thor was not bothered by the lack of furnishings or the small size of his sleeping quarters; what else was he supposed to expect? Loki's previous attempt on dominating the Earth had wreaked havoc on the New York area, and Stark Tower was no exception.

=====

Several weeks ago, after Thor, Fandral, Sif, Volstagg, and Loki had experienced the Midgardian past time of karaoke with Jane, they had tired themselves out so much that they stayed the night at Jane's apartment. It was a squeeze, but they were able to negotiate a sleeping arrangement in their exhausted state. Upon awakening the next morning, they were met with the news that Loki had spoken to Tony and threatened to assail Earth again.

In disbelief, they turned to where Loki had fallen asleep the night before on the floor next to the living room couch. He was still there, seemingly still asleep. When Sif angrily stomped over to him and tried to pin Loki down by the neck, she felt her hand pass through him and felt the floor beneath. It was then that the warriors had discovered Loki's illusion. In a state of rage, Sif had to be calmed down by the other three, who also shared in her anger but knew they needed to form a plan to hunt down Thor's mischievous brother.

They had gone straight to Tony, who initially was pleased to see that Thor was already on Earth for this crisis. However, after explaining why they were there with Loki, Stark's content soon turned into disbelief and anger as he questioned why Thor would let Loki return. Obviously, Sif, Fandral, and Volstagg shared the same sentiment, but they quickly decided that bickering amongst themselves was not going to help the situation at hand. Together, they were able to hatch a plan to hopefully locate Loki.

Thor and his friends went back to Asgard first to speak to Heimdall in hopes that he could see what Loki was up to and where he was. Unfortunately, Heimdall was not able to locate him, most likely due to Loki's cunning magic, shielding himself from Heimdall's gaze. Fandral agreed to stay with Heimdall on Asgard to continue searching while the others went back to Earth to continue their search there.

Tony had cleared some rooms in the decimated Stark Tower for the three of them to stay in. Repairs were still being made, so Tony was not able to grant them proper rooms, but the warriors did not mind. Everyday, they worked tirelessly to locate the God of Mischief. Tony sent agents and looked through any digital means that he could get his hands on while the Asgardians went out in the city to search. They had so such luck.