Chapter 5

Jane dragged Thor, Sif, Fandral, and Volstagg into her rental van without hesitation. It was Loki that she didn't want to bring. Jane was afraid that he would do something horrible or that people would recognize him and freak out. Instead of leaving Loki to possibly burn down the apartment complex or something worse, Jane opened the car door for him to get in. She didn't dare to touch him in fear that he'd kill her with his icy stare. Jane closed the door behind him and climbed into the driver's seat. She then drove the group to the karaoke place.

Loki wandered the streets of the town trying not to attract any attention, even though that was one of the things that he wanted.

When Jane, Thor, Sif, Fandral, and Volstagg were walking to the car earlier, Loki had created a clone of himself and sent that clone off with them. They didn't notice the difference, which was just what Loki predicted would happen. While they were driving to the place that Jane briefly talked about, Loki had slipped into the streets. Of course, he disguised himself as a normal Midgardian.

He chose to become a good looking man with light brown and well-groomed hair, a stubble of a beard, blue-green eyes, and prominent cheekbones. His build was tall and lean, just like Loki's normal figure. He stood about 6'2", which was a good few inches taller than the citizens of that particular town. Loki wore a light blue button down shirt with sleeves rolled up to just below his elbows. His blue jeans fit him well and ended where his feet, covered with sneakers, began.

As he walked, Loki thought of a name to call himself while in this Migardian form.

Hmm... let us see. Benedict Cumberbatch? No, no. That is idiotic. David Tennant? Too plain. It has to be something creative. Oh, I know! Loki's face lit up with mischief. Thomas Hiddleston! Eh, maybe just Tom Hiddleston. That will work.

Loki strolled down the street, passing strangers who would occasionally glance at him and smile out of courtesy. Loki didn't smile back or even nod his head.

Pathetic Midardians! They should be bowing down to me, not simply grinning with that cheeky smile of rudeness! They are pigs, all of them! Loki thought as he walked.

Loki's thoughts wandered while he strolled along. Then it hit him. Where are we? He thought. Loki looked to an old man walking his way. He took this chance to have his question answered.

"You there! What is this place?" Loki asked, boldness building in his voice. The man looked at him with confusion on his face.

"This is Burke," the man replied, "Burke, New York." Loki's face lit up with mischief.

New York? That must mean that I am somewhat near the Avengers! I will destroy them! Loki thought.

"How far is it to New York City?" Loki inquired.

"Maybe about 350 miles... it is a 5 hour drive," the old man replied, scratching his gray-haired head. Loki nodded and looked forward at the remainder of the sidewalk.

"Thank you," Loki replied as he speed walked down the sidewalk. The old man watched him disappear around the corner. He shook his head and attended to his own business.

The second Loki turned the corner, he hid in a small indent of a building. The indent was dark, so people on the outside could hardly see Loki. He pondered for a moment, deciding whether or not to teleport all the way to New York City. Loki had the ability to teleport, but it required a lot more effort the farther away he wanted to teleport.

Loki soon decided to teleport. He summoned all of his strength and looked to the ground. His eyes stared blankly at the cement until the teleportation took place.

Loki appeared in an empty New York City restroom. Though it was a public restroom, nobody was there to witness Loki. At least, the only person in the room, other than Loki, was taking their time in one of the stalls and didn't hear or see Loki appear. Loki took a few seconds to look at his new body in the mirror. He smiled.

They will never recognize me, he thought as he walked out the door. Loki found himself in an empty lobby of a motel. The counter wasn't occupied with the manager, and no one was around. Loki found the exit and strolled out. The motel was a little ways away from the center of the city. Loki spotted Stark Tower looming over all the other buildings. It was lit up and Loki could see people bustling about inside.

Are they having a party? Surely it is too soon. Loki thought as he walked toward the tower. When he reached the building, he teleported with ease instead of having to get through the guards.

Loki appeared in the dark corner of the highest room where the party was taking place. No one noticed him come in uninvited, so Loki stepped into the light. He looked around the room. People were dancing, eating, and chatting all around. Loki tried to spot Tony Stark or any of the  other Avengers until his eyes hit someone standing at the buffet table.