Chapter 7

Loki turned away quickly when the woman he'd just met at the party spotted him staring at her on the bus. He transformed into a woman, so Y/N wouldn't know Loki was following her. He didn't mean to be creepy, but he took a real liking to her. When Loki first saw Y/N at the buffet table back at the party, it was like seeing an angel. In Loki's eyes, she was the definition of perfection, inside and out.

Loki looked down at his lap as the bus continued to drive along the streets of New York. A few minutes later, Loki looked at Y/N again. She didn't pay any attention to him, so Loki took it as a chance to admire her. Her H/C hair, her E/C eyes, her lips that were lightly stained with lipstick, her modesty, her personality, everything about her made her perfect in Loki's eyes.

A couple minutes later, Y/N had reached he stop and exited the bus. Loki followed her off the bus and watched her walk down the sidewalk. He followed her, making sure to stay a good distance away so she wouldn't notice. She continued to walk, crossing a street, turning right, and entering an apartment building.

Loki followed her inside and saw her go up a flight of stairs to the left. She went up four flights of stairs to get to the fourth floor. Y/N went down the hallway and unlocked a door on her right. She went inside and closed the door behind her. Loki heard the door lock as he approached the room. He looked at the room number and made a mental note of it.

Loki stood outside the door, half expecting Y/N to open it and let him in. That was probably what he wanted most in that moment. Then, he remembered what he was trying to do in the first place. Loki forgot all about his plan to destroy the Avengers the second he saw Y/N.

"Oh my Odin!" he exclaimed, turning away from the door. Loki quickly covered his mouth, wishing he hadn't said that so loudly. She could have heard me he thought to himself. Loki slowly removed his hand from his mouth and turned his head slowly to look at the door. When he decided that Y/N didn't hear him, Loki quietly slipped down the stairs and out of the building.

The second he emerged from the building, Loki teleported back to Stark Tower. He transformed into a small bird and began flying around the tower to spot Stark or any other Avenger. He scanned the tower until he saw Tony on one of the floors.

====================================

You collapsed on the couch. That was quite possibly the best day of your life! You never stopped smiling ever since the party, and you knew you wouldn't stop anytime soon.

After five minutes of rolling around on the couch, smiling, and hugging the pillows, you got up and looked at the time. It was 1:56AM. Still having that smile glued to your face, you walked to your bedroom with a hop to your step. You quickly took a shower, brushed your teeth, changed into pajamas, and threw yourself on the bed. You tried to fall asleep, so you could dream about Tom while he was still fresh in your mind.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

You woke to a loud beeping sound. You looked at your bedside table and spotted your annoying alarm clock. The time was 8:30AM. Since it was Saturday, you didn't have anything to do.

After turning off the alarm clock, you walked to the kitchen for breakfast. You opened the fridge and scanned the shelves. You only had cereal and a quarter of a carton of milk to start your morning. After making your breakfast of cereal and milk, you walked over to the living room and turned on your cheap temporary television. You flipped to your favorite news channel and settled down in your couch with your cereal.

The weather segment was interupted by something else popping up on the television.

"Breaking news!" the announcer exclaimed as a live stream of Tony Stark talking into a dozen microphones appeared on the screen. Tony's face was blank but dead serious at the same time. After pulling yourself together from the sudden change, you started listening to what Tony was saying.

"I was visited last night by Loki," Tony stated.

"Loki? Loki, as in brother of Thor, right?" one of the men who were holding microphones asked. Tony nodded with a grim look on his face. That caused a stir in the crowd.

"Loki told me to warn everyone, not just in New York, of their impending doom. He said that if we do not surrender to him, we will perish."