Chapter 19: MAMA's

It was 2 hour's before the show would begin and the boy's were arriving to get ready. They were all chatting with each other while they were getting their makeup done. They seemed less nervous than yesterday.They spent the whole night and morning practicing until their bodies couldn't anymore.

I hadn't spoken to Yoongi yet after hearing about the Rookie Idol and Jong Suk. I still had trouble processing all that information and I was trying so hard not to think about it.  I was sitting at the back of the studio in case I had to run any last minute errands. "Hey." Jungkook sit's down beside me on the couch while waiting to get his hair done. "Oh do you need me to do something?" I ask while leaning forward to get up. "No, I'm all stocked up on snacks thanks." he says while laughing at his own response. I chuckle and sit back down. He was quiet for a while, just sitting there on his his phone.

"Can I ask you something?" he says suddenly while his tone changes into a more serious manner. I gulp at his request and nod my head.

"Are you and Yoongi dating?" 

I became flushed from his question. I tilted my head down as I didn't know how to respond, I honestly didn't know what we were, we hadn't even spoken about our kiss. "Uhm, no there's nothing going on between us." I say while tapping my leg nervously. He could see how nervous I had become from his question. I was afraid of getting him into trouble, all thing's aside I was still his assistant, nothing more. Any chances of us being together seemed so far away now.

Jungkook got up from his seat as his name was called to get his hair done, "Oh, I really hoped that you two were together, he could really use someone like you in his life right now." 

I didn't understand what Jungkook mean't by that. Was Yoongi hurting?  I  suddenly remembered watching him play the piano the other night, he was so full of emotion.

I pulled my lips in as I shifted my eyes towards Yoongi who was getting his hair done. If only I could take his pain away.

I stared at Yoongi, he was so perfect

I stared at Yoongi, he was so perfect. The way he blinked his tired blank eye's, the way his Adams apple moved down his throat as he swallowed, the way he pulled in his bottom lip behind his teeth. I noticed every detail on him from the scar on his left ear to the little stubble that had grown back on his chin. Everything about him was just so perfect.

***

The show started and the member's were about to go up and perform. I was standing waiting backstage with water bottles and towels. The all formed one circle and started prep talking. "Bangtan fighting!" They stood waiting by the stage for their queue. Their nerves were coming back to them as they stood quietly. Yoongi was biting the skin off the corners of his nails while pacing up and down a few meters away from me. I could see his eyes nervously shifting around. He walk's towards me with his eye's following his feet, "Can I have some water?" he ask's with a husky voice. I hand him a water bottle while avoiding eye contact. I was still embarrassed about the text messages. He was silent for a while while drinking his water.