Chapter 38: A Hidden Feeling

"Yoongi-Hyung! Where are you?!" Namjoon yells as he stomped up the stairs, looking all over for Yoongi who was still leaning over my body. 

"Shit it's Namjoon! Get off!" I whisper-yelled at him, placing pressure against his chest trying to flip him off of me. "Move, Yoongi. You don't want to get caught right?!" 

Yoongi quickly snapped out of his trance, quiet and nonchalantly looking around the dark empty room. If he was as worried as I was, he really did a good job at hiding his feelings. Namjoon cannot find us here, like this, we were on his bed in any case, that would be kinda awkward. Yoongi pulled his shirt straight as he scuffled himself off of me. 

"Yoongi! Where the hell are you?" his voice creeps closer towards the door as I pulled my legs out from under his body and off the bed. The drowned out sounds of the other boys followed along after Namjoon as all their footsteps creeped up towards the door. I flung my body right off Namjoon's bed as the bedroom door swung open. As the door opened, I could hear the light switch flick on as the room filled with sudden brightness. I stood in my tracks, cringing at how awkward this must look. Namjoon, Jimin, Taehyung and Hoseok all stood in the doorway staring at the weird encounter. Yoongi seemed calm, as usual, as he walked over to his bed and spoke. "I'm here, what are you yelling on about?" he puffs at him with a slightly annoyed tone. 

"We waited so long for you! You never told us you were coming back to the vacation house." Namjoon puffs back at him as he makes his way towards his bed that I had just layed on. 

"W-why are my sheets like that?" He furrows his brows at the skew sheets. 

Not knowing what on earth I should say to try and make myself look innocent, I stood there clenching my teeth. "She wanted company so we decided to watch a movie so long while we wait for you gu..." his muffled words drowned out as I stood there watching Hoseok, not listening to the excuse Yoongi was busy improvising. 

I gazed my eyes over to Hoseok's face as he stood there, staring at the floor. I couldn't help but notice his dispirited eyes as they fell heavy. His whole body language was just, off. His somewhat downhearted eyes lifted from the floor as they looked at me from across the room. You could see the emotions in his face, he was... upset? I gathered myself and adjusted my clothes a bit, a nervous habit. I looked at him as I did my action, his gutted eyes fell back into the floor as he turned on his feet and walked out the door. 

Oh.. no..

"Snap out of it!" Yoongi's hand fell heavy onto my shoulder as he snapped his long fingers in front of my face. 

"Oh.. sorry w-what?" I stumbled on my words as Hoseok was clouding my mind. Why did he look so upset?

"There's food downstairs for you, go eat." Yoongi said coldly, but i knew he meant well.

"O-oh right, I'll be off then. Goodnight guys see you tomorrow." I said as I made my exit and walked down the hallway. I rubbed my neck as the awkward situation dispersed, yet I couldn't stop thinking about Hoseok... worrying about Hoseok. The thought of him maybe... liking me... was trying to pop into my head but I just brushed it away as I went into the kitchen to eat dinner. 

There was a white take away box sitting on the kitchen island with my name sloppily written on top. I grabbed a pair of chopsticks from the draw and sat at the kitchen island. I quietly began to eat, nothing but my thoughts were distracting me from enjoying the food. Ahh ottoke?

"Taehyung! Give it back I swear to god if you break that I'm going to end you!" Jungkook spat through the air at Taehyung who came sprinting from outside with Jungkook's red Bluetooth speaker. "Better luck next time Kookie!" Taehyung teased as Jungkook tried his best to catch the box-smiled boy. "Kim Taehyung! You know I'm bigger than you, I can take you down." Jungkook teased back. I always noticed how Taehyung is older that Jungkook, yet Jungkook seems to dominate him for some reason. 

"Come try me maknae!" Taehyung puffs as he sprints towards the stairs. 

"Taehyung, if you don't stop right now, we are going to have a stern talk in my room!" Jungkook's words clouded as they disappeared up stairs. 

what...the

As they disappeared upstairs a pair of familiar legs walked down the stairs, Hoseok. In a panic i looked strait down at my food. He made his way into the kitchen as I bit down hard on my lip, trying to distract myself from the tense air.

I quickly finished my food and got up from the seat to throw the take away box into the bin. Hoseok was busy making himself some tea, his back towards me as I stood frozen for a bit not knowing if I should talk or not. Ahh snap out of it, its probably nothing...

I walked over to the bin that was next to the quiet man. I'll just throw it away quickly and make my exit. I walked towards the bin, box in my one hand and chopsticks in the other. I pushed my foot on the pedal as Hoseok's hand flung into my stomach, being hit with a wet teabag, I dropped the box and chopsticks onto the floor. Both Hoseok and I bent down on our knees immediately scuffling to pick up the items awkwardly and uncomfortably. 

"U-uuh s-sorry I didn't see you behind me" he mumbled avoiding eye contact as he handed me the chopsticks. 

I took the chopsticks from his hands as my skin touched his, a moment of awkwardness spread as he pulled his hand away immediately at the touch of mine. Okay this is weird... 

I stood up quickly and threw the items away into the bin. Hoseok stood up as he adjusted the little beanie he was wearing that made his ears tilt down like an elf. I turned on my feet as his mumbling voice spoke again. "hey.. I'm" he said as I turned to look towards him.

"I'm sorry for hitting you with a teabag." 

I let out a slight giggle at the innocent looking boy. 

"No worries, I needed a shower in any case" I joked towards him as he smiled and went back to his tea. 

"Hoseok..." I said, wanting to ask him why he looked so upset earlier. 

"Hm?" he mumbled, his back facing me.

I stood staring at the back of him, not sure if I should even ask. I'm scared of the answer. 

"Goodnight Hoseok."

---------------

---------------

Sorry for the delay in chapters. T_T