Chapter 1: A Miraculous Beginning

"Can Miss. Dupain-Cheng, Miss. Cesaire, Mr. Agreste, Mr. Lahiffe, and Miss. Bourgeois, please come to the principal's office." The loudspeaker called out. Marinette didn't understand what was going on. She didn't do anything wrong this time. She was on time, she turned in her homework and she only broke two glass beakers this month. Why would she be going to the principal's office? And why was Adrien, Alya, and Nino being called to the principal's office too? She understood why Chloe but not her or the others.

"You five heard them. Get to the principal's office. Now." Ms. Mendeleiev said. The five of them did what they were told and left to go the office.

"What did any of you do? And why must I suffer?" Chloe said as she flipped her hair back and fix her bee comb. Marinette just rolled her eyes and continued walking down to Mr. Damocles's office.

"Maybe four of us are witnesses of a certain blonde bully who hurt someone's feelings," Alya said as she twisted her orange fox tail necklace. Chloe just huffed before Mr. Damocles open the door. The owl-like man sighed and gestured the five in his office. In his office was Master Fu sitting in a chair and an old man, well into his sixties, standing next to him. wearing an oddly familiar Hawaiian shirt. Marinette giggled at the fact that Master Fu's Hawaiian shirt and this man's shirt were so similar. As soon as the students entered the office, the old master stood up.

What is going on? Why is Master Fu here and with this man?

"You five must be wondering what is going on here." Mr. Damocles said as he gestures the five students to go closer to the desk.

"Yes, sir. Did we do anything wrong?" Adrien said as he stood behind the blushing Marinette.

"Namely what Marinette and Alya did. Maybe Nino too." Chloe scoffed. Marinette was about to call out Chloe when Master Fu steps in and hushed everybody.

"Quiet. All of you. Disrupting a meeting is very rude and you will be punished, no matter who you are." Everyone stopped talking, even Chloe didn't snap at the old man and threaten to call her dad.

"Thank you, Mr. Fu. Children, I would like you to meet Headmaster Maxwell Tennyson of Golden Heart Academy."

The old man, Maxwell, said something but it sounded gibberish to them. Marinette only heard a hello and school. She wasn't the only one confused. Alya, Nino, Chloe, and Adrien didn't say anything and just looked as confused as Marinette. The old man saw their expressions and stop talking. He gave an apologetic smile and cleared his throat. He spoke again but in a different language.

"Sorry about that. I tend to forget I speak English first and assume everyone around me does too. My name is Max Tennyson and I am here to invite you five to Golden Heart Academy. You five have shown great skills to be part of the school and its morals."

"It that so? Well, I never heard of Golden Heart Academy." Alya said, crossing her arms. "How do we know if it's real?"

"Well, Miss. Cesaire, I can assure you that the school is real. It's only been around for a couple months so not a lot of news about it has been around."

"And what did any of us done to get your school's attention?" Adrien asked, more curious about how they got in. Max just smiled and gestured Mr. Damocles to leave. While at first, the principal hesitated, he did leave the students with the two old men.

"To answer your question, Master Fu has been keeping an eye on you five. Or rather the Miraculous Quintet." All the students froze, not only in shock that Max knew who they were but that all of them were Miraculous users. "Yes, I know who is who and I know what kwamis are, thanks to Master Fu, but I think you five should talk about it later. And the reason I've invited you to the school is to improve your skills to defeat Hawk Moth and save the moth kwami."