Chapter 6: Sword and Dine

Marinette and Chloé followed Vlad across the campus to their next class. It was nice of Vlad to wait for them and guide them to their next class. They were able to get to the classroom, looking much like their Gravity class, with five minutes to spare, before anyone was there. Which Marinette never thought it was possible. She was impressed by how Vlad was able to find a shortcut through the school. He knew every corner and every crack one hallway had alone. It was almost like he's been here for some time.

"You should really guard your mind better Marinette. I can read everything you think." Vlad said as he rubbed his head in pain. Marinette was confused at first before realizing about Vlad's powers.

"Oh, Vlad! I'm so sorry! I totally forgot you could read minds! I didn't think of anything bad about you! Then again you can read my mind but I promise you it was nothing bad! I was just curious about how you know were able to get around so easily. You don't have to tell us or if you want you can. I mean-"

"Marinette, breath. You're scaring the poor guy," Chloé said, placing her hand on her shoulder.

"It's fine Chloé. I can't blame her for being curious but I am sorry for reading your mind. I can't really fully control my powers just yet. But to answer your question, I've been here longer than most in the class but less than the other students."

"What do you mean?"

"I came here halfway through the first semester. And since there weren't any other new students at the time, I was an intern until new recruits came in."

"So you know how things work around here? That's great! You could sneak out off campus with ease." Chloé said as she hopped back and forth.

"Ha ha ha, I could but Max would have my head if I ditch."

"How would he know?"

"You guys probably didn't notice but there are dragons at certain points at the school walls. To get past them would be suicidal."

"Suicidal? W-wait, dragons!" Marinette started to panic. Why were there dragons?!

"Don't worry. They're tame. At least I think so."

"Think so?!" Chloé yelped. "What do you mean 'you think so'?!"

"I only know that they were brought over because some of the students are from the same dimension as them and some of them are their friends."

Marinette looked out the window for a brief minute, trying to see the dragons near the wall. She could only see a distant large red non-human figure sitting on the wall. Vlad reassured her that the dragons won't randomly attack anyone without a good reason. Like sneaking off campus.

"Why can't we leave off campus?" Chloé asked.

"Well-"

"How did you three get here so fast?!" Alya's voice called behind them. Marinette turn around to see everyone else standing at the door. They all were out of breath and hunch over, trying to catch their breath. "You guys were way behind us! How did you get here?!"

"I know a way around this school," Vlad said very casually.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Robbie yelled.

"Because you didn't wait for us."

"You little-" A thump interrupted Robbie and everyone looked up to see what was going on. Three ceiling tiles popped out and three young women fall out and landed on their butts. Marinette was confused on what was going on. They didn't look that much older than them but were really young compared to the last few teachers. Were they here to teach them or were they at the wrong place?