Chapter 8: Party Crashers

Friday came by much quicker than Adrien thought. He didn't expect the week to be over so fast with the classes they had. At least, what they had so far. Gravity class is starting to become easier and almost everyone can stand at the heaviest setting, Fighting 101 gotten better but there was still a problem with teamwork, Dimension History opened a multiverse of information, and Art of Weaponry 1 almost had some lost fingers and limbs. Overall, the week has been alright.

"Okay, class. See you in two weeks!" Sam said as she, Clover, and Alex drop in a trap door.

"Yes!! Weekend time!" Akko cheered.

"And next week will be night classes! So sleep in time!" Auriana cheered as well.

"Just because we have later classes, doesn't mean we should slack off. And we still have Gravity class in the morning." Talia said.

"Talia is right. We need to get ready for our night classes," Vlad said. "Those classes deal with a lot of night based skills."

"Something you're good at," Alya muttered.

"What was that Alya?"

"Nothing." Adrien wasn't sure what was going on. After the first day, Alya has been very wary of Vlad for some reason. She didn't tell them why she started doing that to Vlad or what she was doing that day. Adrien thought maybe she and Vlad had a fight but Vlad didn't know what was wrong either and he refused to go into her mind.

"Come on guys. Lunch waits for no one." Wendy said as she guides Iris and Nino out of the classroom. "And I'm sure a bunch of us are very hungry."

"Fair enough." Adrien followed everyone out to the plaza and got in line for food. This had to be his favorite part of the day. He was finally able to eat whatever he wanted!! No Nathalie telling him what to eat or how much. No Gorilla following him everywhere. No father telling him to be perfect.

Father.

How is he doing?

What was he doing?

Where was he?

He wasn't home when Adrien found out about the school. In fact, he didn't tell Nathalie he was accepted. Really hope this doesn't bite him in the butt.

"Adrien! Are ya'll alright?" Adrien looked up to see Wander leaning out of the window, almost eye level with him.

"Oh! Sorry, Wander. Lost in thought. I'll have my usual."

"Coming right up! That'll be twelve units." Adrien learned very quickly that the currency in the school was called units. Each unit was counted as one U.S. dollar and was recycle throughout the school.

"Here you go, Wander."

"And here you go, Adrien! Enjoy!"

Adrien traded his units for his lunch and started to find his friends. Thank god the class decided to sit together in the shade.

"There you are! We were wondering when you were going to get here." Chloé said.

"Sorry. I was lost in thought." The group started to eat their food, chatting about what was going to happen next week, and Adrien was feeling pretty very happy.

"We should get ready for our night classes. Four of our teachers will be tough and they're known for not sugar coating." Vlad said as he stood up with his lunch box in hand.

"Aren't you going to eat Vlad? You were really hungry earlier." Iris said as she picked at her salad.

"Um...I...have...some work to do. It'll take me a few hours to do. I need to start on it as soon as possible. I'll eat there."