Chapter 3: The first heavy assignment

"Do you have your first victim yet?" The dark figure said. The presences had this energy that could make even a god kneel. It felt dark and pure evil, destructive even. This figure made Hawk Moth seem pathetic. "I'm getting tired of waiting."

"Not yet. These things take time."

"Ugh. How hard is it to find someone super sad?"

"I'm still getting used to broadening my powers and I'm not sure if my powers do work in other dimensions."

"I was pretty sure you had that worked out you filthy son of a-"

"Now, now LD. Butterfly Man is set by rules. Rules even I can't break." A distorted voice said before chuckling. Now this voice made the dark figure seem like a child. Like the universe was his playground and he could destroy it just for laughs. "He has to get the flesh bag or any creature with a heart to accept the power and he also has to make sure they're full of negative emotion thingamabobs. Only then can his black butterflies can do real harm."

"Even then, we not only have access to the whole stinking multiverse, but we have a whole dimension full of heroes to destroy! We should destroy all of it while we have the chance! We won't get another opportunity like this again!"

"And should I remind you what happened when you got to a certain galaxy? Especially with a little orange creature?"

"At least I didn't get trick by a nitwit dressed like-!"

"BE QUIET!!!!!!!!!" A voice echoed in the darkness. This voice was not as powerful as the two unknown beings but sounded just as arrogant. "This arguing will not get us anywhere. We will stick to the plan and let Hawk Moth do what he does best. After all, we do not want to make her mad, now do we?"

"Hate to say it, but baldly has a point. So, LD, let's pretend to be friends. Shake on it?"

"The day I shake your hand is the day you get a physical body again. Maybe more human this time." The figure scoffed.

"Spoilsport. But it's fine. Besides," a yellow slit eye opened, staring at a certain direction. "It's time for our audience to wake up, right Catboy?"

Adrien jumped with a start, unsure what just happened. This was the second time he had these dreams. The first one happened after entering the academy's dimension: Hawk Moth was holding the Moth Miraculous, looking at some photo inside. Adrien wasn't able to see the whole photo but he did saw blonde hair before Hawk Moth closed it shut. The dream ended as quickly as it came. Adrien wasn't sure what it was about but he wasn't sure who to tell. He could tell Master Fu or Max, but they left to work on some paperwork. Ben probably wouldn't understand why. Nino, Alya, and Chloé would have told him to tell Max about it. And Marinette...

Marinette.

Oh god.

Ever since the reveal, he hasn't been able to look at her in the eye. And who could blame him? He told Ladybug he loved her after fighting Glaciator, the ice cream monster. He told her he truly loved her and he would wait for her. And after that, Marinette has been sweeter to Chat and she told him to give it time for Ladybug-Marinette-to get her mind wrap around it.

Oh god, he feels so stupid doing that.

"Hey, dude! Time to get up! We have to get to the first class before they send someone to hunt us down."

"Coming Nino." Adrien got out of bed and dress up in his usual outfit. He grabbed Plagg and his backpack before exiting out his room. He rushed downstairs to get something to eat for him and Plagg.