Part 3

Elyza's POV
When I get back up to the apartment I try to get my mind off of it. I feed Jughead, I clean his litter box, I sweep, I dust, I clean my room, damnit I clean the whole damn house. It's 6:03 and dad's still not here which isn't helping.

I try to text Zach.

Me: hey

Zach💕😍: busy

I don't reply.

I go into go my room closing the door behind me and start crying. I begin looking for something sharp but find nothing.

I open my bedroom door zooming past dad not even registering the fact that he's here, I'm on a mission. I go to the bathroom and start digging through the draws.

Soon I find a shaving razor and begin banging it against the counter trying to break it.

Within seconds it's ripped from my hands. "Give it back." I say with no particular tone. Not looking at him.

"No way in hell! Elyza what are you thinking?!"

I don't respond.

"Look at me!"

I don't.

"Fine, I can stay here all night until you start talking."

I the urge is so strong right now. I begin looking in the draw next to me.

"What are you doing?!"

I look at my dad. "Looking."

"Stop!"

I don't listen. I keep digging.

My dad walks up to me and grabs both of my hands.

"Let go!"

"Why? So you can hurt your self? No I'll pass. You've been what 2 months clean now? Is it worth it?"

"You've got no idea."

"Then talk to me about it!"

"You're always busy."

"I'm not right now."

I shake my head. "I'm not going to public school again."

"It's only been one day. What could possibly go wrong that would make you not want to go back?"

"I was told that just because I have the last name doesn't mean I belong and that I should kill myself. I can somehow manage it online but not face to face."

"Elyza you can't just give up on the first day. Can't you at least try until homecoming next week? We already bought the dress."

"Just until?"

"Yes."

"Okay."

"Now what else is bothering you?" He asks.

I sigh. "You've been ignoring me lately, Zach is acting weird, Kade and I just made up."

"I haven't been ignoring you."

"When was the last time we talked besides this morning?" I ask.

"We made plans to go out for dinner."

"Which was last week and you forgot about them."

"I'm sorry I will work on that. But what do you mean Zach is acting weird?"

"He leaves me on read and when he does message me they're quick messages like yep and okay or can't talk." I reply shrugging not really wanting to talk about it.

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, anyways you can't just hurt yourself when something is wrong. You can always talk to someone." Dad says.

"Okay." I nod

"Now come here." Dad says with his arms open.

I do so and we hug. After I go to my room and text Zach.

Me: we need to talk

Zach💕😍: what's up?

Me: is there something wrong that I'm not seeing? Are you not happy?

Zach💕😍 Elyza, look I've been wanting to tell you this for about a month now but I've been seeing someone else.

Me: oh? So you've been cheating on me? Why didn't you just break up with me then?

Zach: I don't know.

Me: I can't believe you did this to me.

Zach: Elyza I'm sorry.

Me: whatever Zach

Zach: I hope we can still be friends

I don't reply. How stupid is he?

There's a knock at my door.

I look up it's my dad.

"Hey." He says walking in.

"Hi." I reply.

"You're crying. What's wrong?" He asks sitting down next to me.

I am? I wipe my face and sure enough I am. "Zach and I are over."

"What happened?"

"He's been cheating on me, for about a month."

He looks at me with concern. We all know what happened last time, and that was just a forced kiss in the end.

"I'm not going to." I say looking at him.

"Elyza it was just a freaking kiss last time."

"Dad, I promise."

"After earlier and now I'm keeping an eye on you for a while. Just to make sure."

"Okay." I reply. I don't blame him for worrying.

I check the time on my phone it's 8:33. "I'm going to get ready for bed."