Part 14

Elyza's POV

I walk into the room and sit on my bed. I don't look at Carter, but I feel him looking at me. I look at the bag on my bed and just stare at it. 

"Are you going to unpack that?" He asks. 

"If I do then it's official." 

"Oh come on, it's not that bad here." He says. I hear him getting off from his bed and in moments he is standing next to my bag.

I grab my bag and open it. Finally I look at Carter taking in his features.

He smiles at me and I look away putting my stuff away

He smiles at me and I look away putting my stuff away. I don't know if I want to become friends with anyone here. I don't want to open up to anyone unless I have too and a group I'm going to try to stay as quiet as possible. I don't do the whole share your feelings well. When I'm done putting my stuff away I sit back on the bed. Carter is still standing there. 

"Uh, can I help you?" I ask. 

"They gave you a cardigan? Must be pretty bad then." He says but not directly to me. 

"Excuse me? Shawn said everyone got one." I ask looking at him.

"Sorry, just being observant. And no, he tells that to the ones who get them so they don't feel bad." He replies looking me in the eyes. 

I don't respond to him. He sits on the end of the bed. "So that was your dad who checked you in and your boyfriend?" He asks. 

"Yes, he's my adopted father, and no Jonah isn't my boyfriend."  

"Okay." He replies. 

I don't say anything back, when will he realize that I don't want to talk. 

"You know, you can talk to me before group. I mean I know you already told Shawn but I know from experience that it's nice to have someone there who already knows when you go it to it. All eyes are going to pointed on you today. And don't think you're just going to not share in group today because if you don't then Shawn will tell them, he's done it on a few kids before." He replies. He says looking at my covered arms. 

I'm only going to know Carter for 7 days, and he's probably right. Not knowing if I want to or not I tell Carter what I told Shawn ending with how I tried to kill myself just 3 hours ago looking at the bed the whole time. When I'm done I don't expect him to go wow or anything because like Shawn said everyone here has their own stories and have gone through their own things.

"Holy shit." He says in a whisper. "I'm here because of anorexia, it got really bad and they had to do something different. I've been here for 3 months and get out in 8 days. How long are you here for?" He asks. 

I look at him "7 days."

"Well you should feel honored." He says with a smile. 

"Why?" I ask.