Part 8

Kade's POV
When Elyza and I arrive back to L.A she is still asleep.

I park in the parking garage for Logan's apartment and shake her arm. She stirs a little but doesn't open her eyes.

I laugh to myself honking the horn. This causes her to jolt right up looking around until her eyes land on me.
I'm trying to contain my laugh but I fail. She flips me off and gets out of the car grabbing her bag.

Elyza's POV
What an ass! I was perfectly fine sleeping and he honked his horn. I run to the elevator and get in before he can catch up.

"Elyza!" He wines as the elevator door closes. He won't wait for the Elevator to comeback down, he'll run up the stairs.

The elevator doors open to Kade waiting there out of breath.

I walk past him acting as if nothing happened. He stops me before my hand touches the door knob

"Chill it was just payback." I say.

"No that's whatever, I uh told your dad."

"Okay." I sigh walking into the apartment followed by Kade.

"I'm getting changed into comfy clothes." I say before Dad can say anything.

I head to my room and shut the door. I quickly change into joggers and a long sleeve and put my slippers on.

I grab Jughead from my bed and grab my phone and head back to the living room sitting on the couch

Kade and Dad are sitting next to each other the couch

"So Kade told me what happened." Dad says.

"We went out for lunch, no big deal." I reply shrugging my shoulders.

"Elyza, you were holding back tears." Kade says.

I look at both of them "I don't like to talk about my past. It's not like they're actually there, they're dead." I say.

Dad takes a second to think. It's not like he can actually make me do anything about this because it's 100% my choice.

"Elyza you've never gone to see them though?" Dad asks.

"No, I haven't." I reply.

"Why not?" Dad asks.

"Because, they're not alive anything I want to say to their graves I can say to a picture of them. Why go back there? That night was the worst night of my life. I mourned the lost of my parents my own way." I reply.

"Okay." Dad replies nodding his head.

Juggy gets off my lap and starts playing with a toy.

"Well I need to get going." Kade says getting up.

I get up as well. "Thanks for lunch today though." I say.

"Anytime, just not there." He replies giving me a hug.

"Yeah." I reply hugging back.

Kade leaves and I sit back down going on my phone.

Dad gets up and sits right next to me, I realize I'm crying. I wrap my arms around him and put my head on his chest.

Dad holds me as I cry, telling me things to calm me down.