Part 4

Elyza's POV
I wake up to my alarm, I am not looking forward to today at all. I'm just going to nod my head and get through it because that's what I need to do.

I get changed.

I put some concealer on my arms so no one can see my scars and then put my hair up in a messy bun

I go to the kitchen where dad is sitting on the phone. I grab a cup of water.

He snaps his fingers to get my attention.

I look at him.

"You need to eat something." He mouths.

"I'm fine."

He gives me that one look that I know he's serious.

I grab yogurt from the fridge and eat it. I go to the bathroom and brush my teeth.

When I'm done there's 30 minutes until we have to leave. I go back to the kitchen, Dad is still on the phone I think with Jeff.

He scribbles something on a piece of paper and hands it to me.

It says "Call Kade or Jake see if they can give you a ride. Jeff and I are trying to figure something out. But you and I are going out for dinner tonight at 7."

I look at him and nod my head.

I head to my room and text call Uncle Jake.

*Phone Conversation*

J: Hey

E: Hey uncle Jake dad wanted to know if either you or Kade could take me to school today? He's talking to Jeff they're trying to figure something out.

J: yeah sure I will be right over when do you have to leave?

E: 25

J: Alright I will be down waiting since your dad is on the phone.

E:okay

He hangs up.

I feed Kong and Jughead real quick and then grab my bag. I give my dad a hug and head out.

When I get down to the street Uncle Jake is just pulling up. I get in.

"Hey." He says heading to the school.

"Hey." I reply.

"How's everything going?" He asks.

By the way he is asking me and the tone of his voice dad told him about last night.

"Does he never not tell you everything?" I ask.

"Nope." He smiles.

"I'm okay."

"If you ever need to talk I'm here."