Part 6

Elyza's POV
"Then what am I suppose to do?" I ask.

"You need to see a therapist." He replies.

I look at him with almost a glare. Him, Dad, and Uncle Jake have been trying to get me to see a there's for months now.

"So this is what this is about?" I ask standing up. "Did my dad ask you to do this?"

"No Elyza, he didn't."

"I'm not doing this tonight." I say grabbing my bag.

"Just why are you so set on not seeing a therapist?" He asks.

"Because, a therapist is false hope or no hope at all. They either tell you everything you want to hear that you're getting better when you're not or they're going to make it seem like the only reason you have issues is because yourself. I've gone to see therapists before, it seemed the only rule the orphanage followed was having us see a therapist once every two weeks. So no I'm not going."

"Okay." He replies. I can tell he wants to say more but he doesn't want me to go. I set my bag back down and sit on the couch again.

Kade puts something random on tv and grabs be a blanket and pillow. As soon as my head hits the pillow I'm out.

Kade's POV
Elyza is instantly out. I laugh to myself getting up and shutting everything down for the night.

What she told me about therapists stuck with me. I don't know if I believe but if she has bad experiences then I don't blame her and I'm not going to push it.

Elyza's POV
When I wake up the clock above the T.V says 6:23 am.

I head to Kade's bathroom to get changed.

I brush my teeth and put my hair up in a messy bun

I brush my teeth and put my hair up in a messy bun. Once I'm done I go back to the living room where Kade is sitting on the couch.

"You're up early." He says as I take a seat next to him.

"Yeah I guess." I reply.

"So what do you want to do today?" He asks.

"I've got no idea. You?" I ask.

"Same. So how's school going?"

"Fine." I reply with no tone in particular.

"You're dad told me about the other night." Kade says.

"It's fine."

"When are you going to start realizing that I'm never going go take an answer with the word fine in it"He says.

"It's high school. I don't like it, Dad said I can leave after homecoming. Can we just drop it please." I reply.

"Okay."

We sit in silence for a bit. I don't want to tell him about whatever is going to happen with those girls, I don't want to talk about the glares, the notes in my locker. I don't want to tell anyone, I'm just trying to get through until homecoming.

"Come on." Kade says interrupting my thoughts.

"Where?" I ask gettin up.

"We're going for a ride." He says grabbing his phone.

"Okay?" I reply grabbing my stuff and following him to his car.

We drive for about an hour or so on back roads and suddenly everything looks familiar. I haven't been here since that day. Everything turns bland. I don't think Kade knows this is where I lived and grew up until my parents were killed, it wasn't in my file and I never talked about this.

"What are we doing here?" I ask trying not to show any negative emotions.

"There's a dinner here that has the most amazing food ever.

Mama June's. "What's it called?" I ask.

"Mama June's." He replies.

This town is like a huge family, and Mama June's is the heart of it. I can't go in there, I look too much like my mom they will know who I am. But I can't tell Kade because then He'll ask if I want to see my parent's graves and I can't.

Maybe no one will recognize me. I just need to hope for the best.

We pull up to the restaurant and park. Kade unbuckles and I do too.

Just relax Elyza.