1. Where it all began

'Hello reader and welcome to my story. Yeah, maybe you think this is a rough start, but I'm not here to please you. I'm here to tell my story, so I will. It began where actually every story starts: at the beginning. And my beginning starts on the day when my whole life changed. And I had no choises, but to stay with him.' ~Katherine~

---------------------------------------------------------

'Katherine, you have to get up!'
'What?'
'You have to get up...NOW!'
'Okay, okay fine mum I'm coming!'
Slowly I get up and let the sunlight burn in my eyes...
'What time is it?!' I think
I slowly rise out of my bed and stare at the white wall in front of me. I yawn and slipp out of my bed, change into some comfy clothes and walk downstairs.
'Morning dad!' I say
'Goodmorning, Katherine did you have a nice sleep?'
'Yes, I slept like an Angel' I joke
'Sure, you did!' My mom says on a irritated tone.
I actually never liked my mother. We just can't understand eachother.
My father laughs
'C'mon Kath you have to pick your brother up!' My mom continues.
'Yes mom, I'm going already'
'I got the key and waved my parents goodbye as stepped into the car.

It wasn't a very long ride to the school. And not that I minded to pick up my brother, I loved my brother. Ever since he was born I felt a strong connection between us. I don't have that with my other brother. Weird isn't it? Loving them both, but still prefering one over the other.

'Katherine!'
Hey, Peeta!'
'How are you?'
'I'm fine'
'And how about mom and dad?'
'Also fine, c'mon Peeta hurry up!'
'Yes, I'm sorry I'll get in the car, but I've to do something first.'
'Peeta, what are you...?!' I shout after him, but he ran away before I even could finish my sentence.
After a few minutes of waiting he came running back and he finally stepped into the car.
'What on earth were you doing out there?' I ask
'Nothing!' He says
I smiled: 'I can see when you're lying you know?'
Peeta laughed and after that sentence it was really quiet for the rest of the ride.