16. It's tradition

Finally we reached the Denn. It really was my home now. Everyone stopped their business and looked at me. Than I saw Peeta running towards me and Lucy. Peeta started hugging me really tight. 'Are you okay? I was so worried about you.' He said still hugging me.
'I'm fine.' I said and we stopped hugging. 'Can I all have your attention please?' I turned around and saw Tommy standing there watching at all of us. 'Thanks...I'm here to say that the famous ball tradition of the wolves, will take place within 3 days.' Everyone cheered and jumped in the air. 'For the greenies among us, the ball tradition is a tradition that started way before we were born. With this tradition we celebrate the honour of finding our true love. First there will be a dance and you have to partner up with someone from the other sex. After the dance there will be a break where both sexes are appart. When they reunite after the break you've to choose your mate for that evening and spend the night with him or her. You don't have to sleep together, but you've to be in the same bed. After the night is over you can continue your life on your own or with the mate you chose until the next year.' He said. 'Well, I hope that everything is clear now.' He continued and walked away into the forest. It remained silent for a while. Until Dylan interrupted the silence: ' okay everyone you heared the alpha now continue your work.'
Emily walked towards me. 'Wow you really are a beautiful wolf.' She said and smiled bright. 'Thanks, but do you know how I have to change back into...well me.' I said. 'Yeah, sure c'mon.' She said and walked in front of me. 'Hey, Kath.' I heared someone behind me shouting. It was Dylan. 'Wow, you really are beautiful.'
'Thanks Dylan.' And I stopped walking. 'If you need any help with the preparation I'm always here for you.' He said. 'What preparation?' I asked and looked at him. 'For the ball.' He said. Where was he talking about. 'What Dylan means is the ball, there are some things you need to know and can do, otherwise you're kinda breaking a tradition.' Emily said and came standing beside me. 'What things?' I asked and looked at both of them. 'Well you've to know the song and the steps in it and maybe you've to perform a song, but we can't tell you if you've to do that.' Dylan said and looked at me awkwardly. 'What song and which steps?' I asked and I became a little irritated. 'Kath, chill there's nothing to worry about.' Emily said and led her hand over my head.
'We will help you.' Emily said and looked at Dylan. 'Yeah, totally Dylan said. 'Fine...thanks guys.' I said. 'No problem Kath!' And Dylan winked at me. What is it with this guy? Why is he so kind to me? And why is Thomas so serious about the dance?! I don't know what to think annymore....
'C'mon Kath let's change you into yourself again.' Emily said and I followed her into the woods.

It was quite easy to change back into my normal self. I walked back to the Denn with Emily, but before I reached the end of the woods I heared someone crying. 'Emily do you hear that?' I asked and looked into the forest. 'I hear nothing Kath.'
I looked into the forest, but I was sure I heared someone crying. 'I'm going to see if I can find the source of that crying. Don't wait for me.' I said and without any hesitation I walked back.
'Be careful Kath!' Emily shouted