28. Stay

As fast as I could, I ran back with Jacob by my side. How strange it was seconds seemed minutes and minutes seemed hours.. What if really something bad happened to him!? Then it really WAS my fault! And I promise I never would forgive myself. When Jacob and I reached the Denn. I quickly ran inside. I saw other people inside of the house doing their chores. They looked weird at me, probably because I was totally out of breath and still running towards his room. Nobody seemed to worry about Thomas. I ran inside to his room and saw Emily and Gally standing in front of it, like two guards protecting a treasure.
"Katherine! Where were you?" Emily shouted at me when she saw me approaching and ran towards me. When she stopped hugging me, I could finally breath again. "Is he okay?" I said looking desperately at Emily. She looked at Gally. "He's hurt, but he's alive." Gally said coldly "Can I see him?!" I said looking at Gally now with my eyes almost popping out. Gally nodded and opened the door so I could walk in. When I walked in he closed it again behind me. It was really dark. I turned on a little light and I saw Thomas. He was totally under blood and full of scratches.. Omg! My heart stopped for a minute..thinking he was dead. My heart beated again when I heard him mumbling softly: "G..Gally?" I walked closer and sat next to him on the bed and layed a hand on his cheek. "Guess again Tom." I whispered and smiled. "Katherine? What are you doing here? I thought you were hurt.." Thomas looked at me with his eyes filled with tears. "No, I didn't get hurt...I'm here for you. What happened?" I looked at him and removed my hand from his cheek and held his hand. Thomas looked at our hands "Vampires." He said with his voice turning fierce. "Hey, it's okay.." I said and I saw a bowl of water with a towel next to it. "I'll take care of your wounds." I smiled at him and grabbed the bedsheet and pulled it down softly, so I could take care of the wounds on Thomas his chest. I grabbed the towel, dipped it in the water and led it on one of his wounds. Thomas bit his lip trying not to let me notice he was hurting, but of course I saw it. I tried to do it as soft as possible. When I was done I said: "You're done, but I have to repeat it tonight after diner." I smiled at him and stood up. "And now rest." I wanted to walk away, but he grabbed my hand. I turned around looking at him. "Thank you Kath." He said and smiled at me.  I smiled back and let go of his hand.. I almost left until: "Katherine, would you please stay with me?"