24. The day

Weak. The emotion I felt as soon as I came back to the real world after the night took me away. It was the day of the ball and I felt weaker then I ever imagined I could be. Weak, because this day was happening no matter what and I could do nothing about it. I didn't had the power to skip it and after all what would happen today, I'm glad I couldn't. I opened my eyes and saw that I was alone. It was in my brother his room. I recognised it immediantly, because of the giant clock hanging on the wall. It was 9.00, great it's earlie. Now I have enough time to prepare for the ball. I slowly stepped out of my bed and walked into the hallway, where I saw Emily and Dylan carrying a couch. "Goodmorning Katherine, up already?" They stopped walking, put the couch down and looked at me.
"Yeah, now I have enough time to practice for the ball. But guys, why are you guys carrying a bloody couch?" I said and leaned against the door opening. "Well, our little Tom said that it stood in the way, so we had to move it." Dylan said looking at me and when he was done talking he grabbed the couch again: "C'mon Emily we don't have much time today." He said looking at her. "Okay, fine I'm sorry." She responded while rolling her eyes and grabbing the couch. After they walked away, I went downstairs to the kitchen. I noticed that everything was cleaned and proper for the ball. When I entered the kitchen, I saw Lucy and Thomas. As usual Thomas was making breakfast for Lucy. "Goodmorning Katherine, did you have a nice sleep?" Thomas asked while looking at me with his beautiful brown eyes. "Yes, thank you." I said and I sat down on a chair next to Lucy. "Are you nervous for the ball?" Lucy asked me while taking a bite of her bread. "To be honest, it's freaking me out." I said while staring at the table. "Well, you don't need to worry. Thomas is going to be right next to you the whole time." She said while taking another bite of her bread. I grinned: "Lucy, what are you talki.." But I got interrupted by Lucy speaking to fast again. "Yes, he's your escort." She said and looked at me with eyes full of joy.
I looked at her. "My escort? He never asked me or a..." But I got interrupted again, but this time not by Lucy, but by Thomas. "I'm sorry Kath, I will explain it to you." He said and I looked at him. "I told Lucy I wanted to ask you, but now I understand if you don't wa..." And now I was the one who interrupted him. "I'd love to." I grabbed his hand and smiled at him. He began to blush and he tried to hide it by looking away. I never thought he would calm me down on the day I felt the most frightened. "Aww, how cute you guys are!" Lucy said looking at me with those baby eyes of her. "C'mon Tom, we've to go big boy!" Jacob shouted from outside. "I'm coming!" Thomas shouted back and looked at me now. I think he didn't wanted to let me go. "Where are you going?" I asked looking at him. "Well.." But he got interrupted by Lucy. "C'mon Kath, I'll explain you upstairs." Lucy said while pulling at my other arm that wasn't holding Thomas his hand. "Okay, okay fine." I said to Lucy while looking at her grumpy face and I let go of Thomas his hand. I walked upstairs with Lucy into Thomas his room. Lucy closed the door and I sat down on the bed. Lucy walked to the closet and took out a beautiful dark blue dress. "What are you going to with that? And why was it in Thomas his closet?" I said with a frown on my face. Lucy walked towards me without saying anything and laid the dress on my legs. "It's for you. It's your dress for the ball. Thomas kept it for you. She said looking at me with a big smile on her face. I looked closer at the dress. It was gorgeous! "Thank you Lucy." I said to her smiling and I stood up. "Wait! We've to do your make-up first!" She said and smiled at me. "Okay." I said and walked with her with the dress in my arms to her room. After 1 hour I was ready: Wearing the dress, with make-up on and my hair looked stunning. I'm glad Lucy helped me with everything. When I came out of the room, I saw some other girls...even some girls that I've never seen before! "Don't worry it will be fun!" Lucy said. She grabbed my hand and we walked downstairs.