Chapter 1

Inspired by DreamWitchX

_.:'*':._.:'*':._.:'*':._

You plop down into the office chair and pull out the lunch bag you brought in. You had forgotten to eat dinner, so here you are, sneaking food in on your first night of a new job. You feel like a sinner, but you couldn't care less. As long as you got away with it, you'd be fine.

You pull out your cup of ramen and open the thermos full of boiling water, dumping it into the cup and letting it sit. You know ramen isn't healthy, but, again, you couldn't care less.

Taking the tablet on the desk into your hands, you check the security cameras. All the animatronics sat still in line, exactly where they're supposed to be. You scoff.

Two weeks ago, you saw an add for Freddy Fazbear's Pizzeria. It said "NOW HIRING!" And said they needed a new night guard. You were always a night owl, you swore you had insomnia, and you needed a job too, so you decided to take it. Your parents were nagging you to get a job, because now that you had a car and a license, you should also work for your own money so your parents didn't have to fund your activities and such, so it was perfect. And you always loved the pizzeria when you were younger too, so you knew your way around here and knew the animatronics a bit.

Speaking of the animatronics, you had heard rumors that they came to life at night and killed the night guards. That's why they have to always hire new night guards. You didn't believe it, and even if you did, you like scary things, so you didn't care. You applied for the job and they accepted, so here you are; your first night on the job.

You get a phone call. Well, actually it's an old voice message. "Hello? Hello? Oh hi! Welcome to the new job!" It says. You listen closely, waiting for instructions or something. You don't know what you're doing and you're nervous out of your mind. Your stomach's tied in knots from how anxious you are, and it is not a fun feeling. "Um, lets see... so a few things you need to know! The animatronics are left on free roaming mode at night so they won't lock up, or something." Wouldn't that be dangerous? "Uh, so just watch them on the camera. Oh, if they see you, they might not recognize you as a human. They'll probably see you as a metal endoskeleton and try to stuff you into an animatronic suit. That wouldn't be so bad if the insides weren't filled with wires and cross beams, but since they are, you can imagine that that would cause some discomfort... and death." Death?! This has to be a prank, right? Those rumors can't be true. This is all one big prank... right?

Would they seriously leave that on an instruction message though? That would be crazy, and rude. You don't think that would be professional either. So... it is true?! You start to shake. You could die. Why did you take this job? You should have listened to the rumors!

"Yeah, they don't tell you that when you sign up, but you should be fine. Your first night should be a breeze. Uh, just make sure to check those cameras. And only close the doors if absolutely necessary. Gotta save that power! Alright, well I'll talk to ya tomorrow!" A clicking sound confirms that the call is over.

Only one word can be heard in your mind.

Crap.

You could die. You could die tonight. You start to get light headed at the thought. If you die, that means you won't be able to live the joys of life.

You'll never get to go explore the world. You'll never get to fall in love. You'll never get to see the newest episode of your favourite show. You'll never get to become an animator. You always wanted to be able to be a popular animator on YouTube and get that golden button you oh so desired. But that won't be happening any time soon.

No! Stop! I can't think like this. It's probably all some silly prank, and I can survive the first night, anyways. I'm strong! I'm smart! I'm brave!

Though all those sound like lies right now, you choose to try to believe them.

"At least I have you, ramen." You say, opening up the ramen cup and seeing the steam rise. You pull out your fork and start to munch away, pulling up the cameras once more.

One of the animatronics is missing.

Missing.

You search around the other rooms looking for it, then find a purple bunny standing in the parts and service room, where it shouldn't be. It's coming closer to you. Your hands start to tremble, but you shake your head and close the camera, checking the doors on either side of you. You wobble up to the one on the right and click the light on, only to see no one, then you do the same to the other side and, again, no one. You sigh a breath of relief, walking back to your camera. Nothing.

An hour passes, and the purple bunny slowly inches closer to you, but no one else moves. At 3:00 am, you hear Chica the Chicken in the kitchen, but she doesn't move from there. Bonnie, the purple bunny, however doesn't give up his slow and steady chase.

Finally it reaches 4:00 am. Only two more hours to go. You take a bite of your potato chips as you look to the doors again. The right one is empty, again, so then you check the left. You click the light on, and the only colour you see is purple. Your body trembles and your knees feel weak. You look up and see a large purple face staring straight into your soul.

Bonnie.

Fear runs through your veins instead of blood. You freeze and your mind pulls a blank. What are you supposed to do? He found you. You're gonna die. He reaches out to grab you, but you back away. Tears swarm your eyes, blurring your vision, and your chest tightens, making it difficult to breathe.

You can't escape this. There's no way. His large frame surrounds you and blocks any way of getting away. You're going to be dead in a matter of minutes.

Hopelessness. It's all you feel right now.

Is there really any reason to fight back?

It will just waste my energy and delay the inevitable.

Your back hits the wall. What should I do?

You decide to give in. You lower your head and close your eyes, holding out your arm for him to take. He harshly grabs your wrist and jerks you forward, grabbing your other wrist in the action, then he starts to walk out the door, dragging you behind.

You don't even bother to stand up and walk, for you already feel dead. You just let Bonnie drag your back against the floor, because it's not like you could do anything to stop him. And wouldn't it be better to die relaxed and in good condition than worn out and beaten up? So you fall limp and close your eyes, letting the robot pull you to your doom.

(word count: 1235)