Chapter Seven

Recap: 

“ Oh.” I finally manage to choke out. I can't believe this how am I supposed to explain to Dylan that Faith is not even intersted in him. 

" Well, How are you going to tell him?" Claire says. 

" I guess I'll just kinda avoid him." Faith says quietly. 

" Sounds like a good idea." I say. 

" Yep." Faith and Claire say. We start to head by the office and I stop and check the list for the soccer team. Okay, Adrianna Keyes, Stacey Peterson, Co- caption. Destiny Walters.......Caption. Omg, That's a bit of suprise

. " Damn, girl your just on fire." Claire finally says.

               After finding out that I made the soccer team, I steered clear of Stacey and the idiots. After school me, Faith, and Claire decided that we would meet at Claire's house. Zach drove me home and for the first time since becoming " best friends" there was an awkward silence. 

" Are you okay?" Zach asks me, I look up into his blue eyes and turn my head towards the window. I can't bear to look at him. I just nod. "Are you sure?" 

" Yeah, I'm perfectly fine." I mumble. We sit in the car like that until we pull up to the house. I wait in the car until he gets out. I walk in the house awkwardly. I open the door and the smell of cookies envelops me. I walk into the kitchen and I see Jennifer mixing a bowl of frosting. 

" Hey, Jennifer" I say before picking up a cookie. 

" Oh hey, sweetheart." She says, while tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. " I'm so sorry I have'nt been around lately. Everything with mtv has been keeping me busy. 

" Wait What?" I exclaim. 

" Honey are you okay?" She says, looking at me. 

" Umm... yeah, but you work for mtv? "I ask. 

" Yeah." She says. 

" I did'nt know that. What do you do?" 

" Well I co-own Mtv and Vh1." She says knowingly. All of this is news to me. I can not believe that she owns two of my favorite channels. And then I put the connection together Allen Companies. I'm so dumb. 

" Oh." I say. " Would you mind if I took my car today so I could go to the mall?. 

" Oh, yeah sure sweetie, I was just kidding about the whole thirty day thing you could've taken the car." She says. 

" Omg,That  totally could've saved me from the riding shotgun with Zachary. " I say blushing and feeling extremely stupid. 

" Yeah , probably could've." She says, before working on her cookies. 

" Can I ask you a question?" 

" Yeah sure, anything baby." She says after putting her cookie batter down and coming over to me. 

" Does Parker have any particular reason why he does'nt like me? Because I remember being best buddies with him." I say, choking on my last sentence. 

" Well, Parker can be a little bit mean sometimes I think you should try and talk to him maybe." She says, smiling at me. I reach out and give her a hug which is my first instinct. 

" I love you honey you can come to me for anything." She says. " Now go get dressed." I head up the stairs and head to my room. I will definitely be going to Parker for some explaining. I go to my closet and scan through my clothes. I decide on a cheetah print shirt that's lose, a blue mini skirt, and a pair of four inch black heels that wrap around the ankle. I put my purse on my shoulder and throw my hair up in a sock bun and I put some hoops on. I head to the garage and turn my hummer on. I get into the car and I put my raybans on before heading out. As I'm driving I turn on Love me or let me go by Avery. I begin to sing the song. I pull up to Claire's house and hop out of the car. I knock on the door and Faith answers it. 

" Hey girl." Faith squels. 

" Hey Destiny." Claire says. 

" Hey, are you guys ready to go?" I ask suddenly excited. 

" Yeah." They both say in unison. 

" Okay." I head to my hummer and they both jump in. On our way to the mall we listen to Justin Bieber's song Boyfriend on repeat. When we get there we all walk in sync to the doors. The first store we go inside in is Sexy Costumes. They both head into the sexy aisle and I stay in the more reserved aisle.

" What do you think you're doing?" Faith says, pulling me to the sexy aisle. Claire is already there holding up a costume. 

" Um.... Hell no. " I say. 

" Hell yes." They say in unison. Before pushing me into a stall.

 I strip off my clothes and put on the costume. I look my self over in the mirror and I scroll my eyes over my entire body. The costume is actually pretty cute. It is a sailor's costume with a hat and everything and it covers everything but my legs. I walk out of the stall and spin in a circle and show them my outfit. They both makes thumbs up sign to me. I change back into my outfit and go to the cash register and I buy my costume. As we walk through the mall we conversate, " So how's life?" I ask. 

" It's good. " Claire says contently. 

" It's fine." Faith says, unsure. 

" Me too." I say. We continue like this. Shopping. Shopping and friends makes me happy.  

© Copyright 2012 Mikhayla Reynolds. All rights reserved.

All trademarks and service marks are the properties of their respective owners.