Chapter 6

(This chapter will switch between both POVs)

Thea's POV:

I was so excited and anxious waiting for Ares to get here. It was now 11:50 and I was literally just staring at the time on my phone watching the minutes pass by. I decided to make sure I liked my outfit for the tenth time, even though I was sure it was perfect. It was going to be pretty warm today even though it was late fall.

I also decided to put on a little bit of lip gloss and mascara, but other than that I didn't have any makeup on

I also decided to put on a little bit of lip gloss and mascara, but other than that I didn't have any makeup on. After years of being pampered up and having makeup caked on my face, it was nice to go natural. 

Soon enough I heard a knock on the door and smiled as I ran out of my room to open it. Ares looked good as usual, and gave me his signature smirk. I invited him in to meet Lina who was very excited to see that I was fitting in well here already.

Once we hopped in his car, I turned to look at him with a smile, "I'm excited." I looked at him expectantly and he just sat there for a second thinking. He kept his eyes on the road, but grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips before intertwining it with his own. The simple act alone made my heart almost burst.

"Me too princess."

EROS' POV: 11:00 AM

I walked into the mansion to see my brother and dad before picking up Thea. I didn't want to see them, but I didn't want them to hurt Apollo. 

I opened the door to my dad's office and interrupted whatever the fuck they were talking about, "Let's get this shit started, shall we?" I sat in the rolling chair next to my brother and across from my dad. They both looked me up and down and gave me a confused look.

"Where are you going?"

I nonchalantly answered, "I'm going out. It's no big deal." I don't know why I didn't just say I was going out with the suspected princess.

"Like a date? Are you going soft baby bro?" He rubbed my hair and messed it up. Fuck him.

"He better not be going on a fucking date, he has a job to do. Unless this girl is the princess, you're not going." I looked him in the eye and remained silent, clenching my jaw discreetly. I could've told them both about my plan, right then and there, but I didn't. They were both ruthless and cruel, they didn't care about their actions. I had never been like them. I was the rational one in the group, just like mom was. If I told them about Thea possibly being the princess, they would have her tortured to get the truth out. My way would at least save her from pain for a little while. So for some reason, I lied and protected her. Don't ask why, because I have no fucking clue.

I shook my head, "sorry dad, but I'm taking a break from the job for the day. I don't give a shit about the princess right now, I'm going on my date." I stood up and walked out without another word. Great, just great. Now they both think I've gone fucking soft all to protect Miss Smiley. Hell, maybe I was going soft. Princess and now Miss fucking Smiley, I need to get a grip.