Chapter 12

Ares' POV

I walked into Mrs. Simms room and sat in my normal seat with a groan. "Do we really have to stay for an hour? I have shit to do," I complained. She just ignored me. How rude. 

My dad would be pissed if he found out I got detention. 'You're not gonna find the princess in detention Ares' is what he will probably say later. If only he knew. 

Not even a minute later, Thea joined the party and walked in with a frown. 

"You seem happy to be here," I said jokingly. 

"There's nowhere I'd rather be," she answered back as she rolled her eye. I would think she was actually mad if it weren't for the small smile fighting to break through on her face. At 2:15 on the dot, the so called 'Jack' entered the class. It seemed to me that we all had at least one thing in common. We hated detention. 

"Okay. Now that you're all here, let's get right to it. You're all going to clean the boards and desks in my room, and then shred the paper in the recycling bin, and finally staple my papers for the handouts tomorrow. Once you're done, you're free to go." She took a bunch of supplies out from under her desk and handed them to us before sitting down to grade tests for another class. 

We all picked up cleaning supplies and began scrubbing down the tables silently until I felt a poke on my shoulder. 

"Psst. Am I doing this right?" She asked after pointing at the table she just cleaned. Wow this girl was spoiled. 

"You've never cleaned a table before?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. We were whispering quietly enough for Mrs. Simms and the asshole not to hear, but she still looked around like there was a spy in the room or something. 

"No... well I mean not a school  desk." I nodded and smirked. She was innocent in every aspect of the word. I wasn't experienced in relationship shit, but I sure as hell knew about sex. Now it seems like I'm going to have to teach her how to give a blow job and clean a table. This job is getting harder every day. 

"You're cleaning the table with precision. I give it a ten out of ten." 

This made her smile proudly like cleaning a table was a huge feat.While in reality, it was just... well it was just cleaning a table. There was nothing to it. 

Soon enough we were done with our table and board cleaning, which took way longer than needed because of Thea. She insisted that we go over them twice for extra shine or something. Such a perfectionist. 

I was happy to be done cleaning so we could zoom through the stapling and shredding, but nope. Thea was fascinated by the shredder and stapler, and literally took a minute per sheet of paper. 

"Whoaaa." She said for the fifth time after she shredded the fifth paper. 

Maybe I should call my dad and tell him I'm in detention so that he'll kill me and take me out of my misery. I wanted to snap at her so bad, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Usually being mean comes as a second nature to me, but with her, I'm different. She's like Marty and May;  she brings out the good in me. However, Jack didn't seem as forgiving. 

"Thea hurry the fuck up. At this rate we're going to be here until midnight and you're hogging the only stapler and shredder. Pick one. Chop chop," he said as he clapped his hands for emphasis. I smirked for a second but hid it as Thea looked at me for defense. 

"Okay fine, here's the stapler." She said as she handed it to Jack with a humph. Thank god. 

I sat next to her and began throwing paper in the shredder as fast as I could. I may hate Jack, but right now I hated him a little less than usual. He saved me from this hell I call detention.