prologue; crescent

BOOK TRAILER ABOVE
_

"Who are you?" Ser Wollstone asked wearily. He stood his ground, shielding his wife Amelie Wollstone and their son, Samuel. The father's face was merely lit by an ounce of moonlight. Their heads hooded, robes draped around their soaked figures.

Mysterious, the stark white owl examined the northerners. Her eyes dropped to Ser Wollstone's worn and rugged hand; he wielded a sword beneath his shadow. She perked, noticing what seemed to be a threat. Her bright yellow eyes flickered: "I am Medrith from Sheamora. Who are you?" She furrowed her feathered eyebrows questionably at the man.

The silence within the wooden outskirts almost began to numb their ears. Creatures of the night chattered quietly above, crunching on twigs and watching from beyond the branches. Medrith's pointed ears flickered, listening to the conversations the critters had.

Ser Wollstone gently examined the owl, sheathing his weapon. Feeling no threat from the Druid, he lifted his hood off his head and pushed forward. "Daneil Wollstone." he swallowed his pride, taking a knee before Medrith. As if expecting, Medrith lifted her head as she would a chin. She was pleased, blinking her eyes in approval.

Medrith began twitching, flaring her wings out as if she was stretching. Feathers popped and trickled off of her body, slowly transforming. Her eyebrows still feathery and her illuminating eyes glistened in the dark. Daneil raised his gaze back up to the owl; an owl no more.

Amelie gasped, A Goddess, Amelie thought- she dropped to her knees, bowing before Medrith. "Daneil- she's the one!" His wife exclaimed. After the sudden realization, Daneil turned back to the Elf. Astonished by the ethereal light shinning from what looked like the night crest, he regained what he had once lost.

Hope.

____

A/N

This Chapter has been edited, so the comments might not add up or make sense as for they were referring to the old version of the story!

CRITICS;