chapter XI; jealousy

Erin's legs stumbled through brushes of thorns, hissing at the sudden pricks and cuts on her legs. Distant laughter filled the damp air, causing her to turn to the direction of chatter. Furrowing her eyebrows, she recognizes the voice of Samuel. The sun slowly rose up after a distressful night. The morning haze left Erin sluggish and tired.

Holding onto her stomach, the dreadful feeling of vomit pushes it's way into her throat. Erin moans in pain as she leaned against a tree, the burning sensation escaped her mouth. The powder still remained in her system, making her weak and ill.

She sniffled before returning to her feet to begin running and pushing through the maze of trees. The branches twisted in strange ways, almost like long slender arms that held her back. The glorified sight of a smiling Samuel filled her eyes. Erin opened her mouth, ready to belch out his name, only to stumble back at the sight of another female.

The white haired girl pranced around Samuel, waving her pale and slender hands around. Her fingers grazed against his shoulder blade, sending chills down Sam's spine. He looked at her in awe, taking her hand and dancing with the elegant creature.

Erin's jaw clenches, raising her fist and slams it against the nearest tree. The ground vibrated, and so did the nymph's bones. She shook in pain, falling onto her knees as Samuel worryingly waves over the others. Erin grinned, beginning to claw furiously at the bark; her nails were of a felines. The girl was supported by the others, and directed inside the castle. 

"Sam." Erin whispered, pretending to collapse as branches cracked underneath her. Samuel quickly snapped his head around towards the loud rustle of leaves and the snapping of twigs. He inched forward, recognizing the red hair mixed in with the nature floor.

His breathing was snatched away, along with the beating of his heart. Sam's entire body became cold as stone. He kneeled down, reaching below. His fingers gently pushed back strands off of her face, "Erin." He breathed out. Her eyes fluttered open, "Sam.." she smiled.

Samuel grinned widely, his heart began beating out of his chest. He helped her up, embracing her frail body. "Where have you been- what happened to your face?" He whimpered, caressing her scarred eye. Her thin lips formed a pitiful smile, "That doesn't matter Samuel, I- I came to ask you to come with me." She stared hopefully into his eyes. 

His eyebrows knitted together in confusion. "Go where?" He whispered, looking around, making sure no one was near. They sat, hidden behind a shrub, knowing if anyone were to find out Erin knew where the Castle remained, they'd have to relocate.

"I have friends- powerful ones, at that." She rambled, "Imagine the things we could do together, Samuel-" He stopped her, caressing her cracked lips. "Erin.. I- I can't leave my family." He swallowed, feeling immense pain within his gut. Sam looked down, disappointed at himself and the situation on hand. Although, a thought popped into his head; Why would she come to me now? After all this time.

"Why not? Is it because of that white haired whore?" She snapped, raising her voice. Sam was taken back, letting go of Erin. His face twisted in confusion, eyeing her wrinkled eyebrows and eyes that twinkled a yellow within the normal blue hue. He slowly stood up, inching away from her. "What happened to you?" He whispered. 

"Too much." She growled, standing up with a fierce stance. Gripping a thick branch behind her, she swung it around and knocking Samuel onto the forest floor. Unconscious, he laid pale under Erin's harsh gaze. She crouched down over his body, closing the gap in-between their face. "Wrong choice." She whispered against his earlobe. 

Her ears perked up like a dog, snapping her head towards the direction of Samuel's father called out his name. Erin's eyes twitch, keeping her gaze on the castle. She raised her left fist, slamming it against a tree with a crack. A nearby scream bolted through the courtyard as the tree shook under Erin's clenched hand. 

Letting out a long sigh, she backed away from Samuel before twirling around and sprinting into a jog within the clustered forest. 

"Samuel!" Daneil yelled, causing his son to snap out of his short lived nap. His head pounded with immense pain, forgetting where he was and why. "Sam." His father shook his shoulder after seeing his rustled blonde hair through the bushes. Samuel lazily shifted his gaze to his father, rubbing his throbbing head. "Your mother is giving birth." Daneil swallowed.

____

A/N

This Chapter has been edited, so the comments might not add up or make sense as for they were referring to the old version of the story!