chapter VII; sea of memories

"Home?" Daneil asked, his eyes focused on the woman taking form of his mother. A sweet smile plastered onto her pale face as a golden silk gown fell perfectly upon her pregnant belly, a plunging opening revealed her back from behind. Samuel stood next to the six foot elf, gazing upon the structure beyond meanwhile Amelie walked around curiously, poking and pulling at things, only for them to vanish in a single touch. Poof! The images almost came off as a dream, feeling like the mist from a waterfall. 

The dreamy scenery fell into a cloud of white mist, reforming into the vision it once was. Medrith walked them through the stone pathway, leading up to the building infusing with an overgrown tree. "Home to many." Medrith glided with a sheer gown draped over her figure, almost blending in with her stature like a stream of water. Moving like calm waves over the sea, her hair fell like a waterfall down her back.

"Many had to seek refuge after Sheamora collapsed, along with our creator." Medrith's yellow eyes flickered from tree to tree as they moved and took shape of women, men and children; Dryads, they were. Nymphs and elves, with druid-like-powers. They can take any form- from trees, plants, animals or even people.

"Evil took over our realm. A dark touch." She grimaced. 

After walking among the wavering pathway, they came to be faced with a castle; trees growing within the walls and mountains barricaded the land. "My kind scattered. Some followed me, most died." Medrith's eyes dimmed as she thought back onto her past. Besides her, the humans glanced over to Daneil's mother as she moved her hands around along with the Dryads, as if they were painting with air. The ground vibrated slightly as vines and rooted trees grew from the ground, forming into buildings and walls.

"Luckily, we found Edah." Medrith pointed to the misty figure with a delicate finger. "In return of guidance, we taught her the gift of nature." The mist soon collapsed, the chatter and laughter of the then blended in with the now. Darkness, took place once more, accompanied by the echo of the past. 

Medrith twirled around to face Daneil and Amelie with a sad gaze, "With time she began to shrivel and wither away." Her chin pushed up causing her eyes to twinkle in the moonlight, soon reverting her gaze back down. "I promised to come back when the time was right," A sphere of mist formed within her palms, an image of a beast slowly transforming into a person. Medrith quickly closed her hand with a tight grasp, taking the image with it. "She had predicted a terrible war, counting on I to lead you through it."

"Where is this so called, 'home'?" Sam spoke up, feeling skeptical. He gripped onto his belt only to be pushed back slightly by his father. Daneil turned to give him a glare. Medrith chuckled lightly, crouching down to graze the grass. "You're standing on it." 

Silence broke out, causing Samuel to furrow his eyebrows in confusion. Their feet shuffled through the damped leaves, squinting through the darkness. "Pardon?" Asked Sam.

Medrith sighed, flickering her eyes away from them, they grew in color as they brightened. Frogs and Toad's croaked, the sound of scattering hooves made the Wollstone's heads twitch and turn in every direction. Leaves and trees rustled as if a gust of wind hit them. Old beaten and rusted lanterns lit by themselves with a bright and fiery flare. 

Medrith nudged her head in the direction the trees pointed, almost as if the branches were hands, the dimly lit archway led them into a maze of a pathway and into the courtyard of an old and weathered castle. Torches lit up as soon as their feet hit the solid ground with a thump. 

Meanwhile everyone grew with anticipation, Samuel winced at the 'used to be glorious home of his past', he crossed his arms with a disgusted look on his face. "What is this shit-hole?" He waved a careless hand in the air. 

Amelie gasped, turning around with a hurt expression only to be interrupted with Medrith's glaring eyes, twitching at the boy. As Samuel opened his mouth in self-defense, his face was met with a sludge of mud. He sat there frozen with mud down in his throat, the air soon filled with giggling of a group of hidden Dryads within the forest. 

Medrith smiled with approval, taking Amelie's arm to guide her and Daneil into the fortress. Samuel's father gave him a douchey smile as he took his middle finger to flick a clump of mud off of his nose. "Fucking asshole." Sam muttered, wiping his face off with his cloak. His eyes reverted to the ghostly white figure standing behind a tree, almost glowing within the dark night. Taken back with the sight, he snapped back into reality as his mother shouted his name. 

Taking a second glance, the figure vanished with the echo of laughing girls running throughout the wooden area.

____

A/N

This Chapter has been edited, so the comments might not add up or make sense as for they were referring to the old version of the story!