𝙋 𝙍 𝙊 𝙇 𝙊 𝙂 𝙐 𝙀

✿ 🌷 ❀ ( Prologue ) ❀ 🌷 ✿

❛ 𝙉𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙈𝘽𝙀𝙍 28, 1993 ❜

🌻 ⑅* 🐚 ⑅* 🌻 ⑅* 🐚 ⑅* 🌻
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

The crashing of the waves against the beach's shore.

The seabirds flying overhead.

The laughter of people as they enjoyed being on a beach holiday with their loved ones.

These were all the sounds that reached little six year old Kassidy Gillan's ears as she sat back against a large rock near where the sand of the beach met the grass that lead towards the greenery which provided a bit of privacy to the back garden of her family's holiday home on the Scottish island of Islay.

"Birds chirp, tweet, peep and sing." Kassidy whispered to herself as she wrote in her little notebook, a gift she had gotten from her parents earlier that day for her birthday. Well, it wasn't just her birthday. It was also her twin sister Karen's birthday as well. Their mother Marie and their father Raymond had brought their young twin daughters from their hometown of Inverness to enjoy a long weekend at their family holiday home. A nice place to temporarily get away from everyday life.

Biting her lip in thought as she held her pencil between her fingers, Kassidy looked up from her small notebook and out towards the ocean, watching as the waves lapped at the beach's shoreline. It seemed that being in a semi-peaceful environment, like the one she currently found herself in, allowed Kassidy to free her little six year old mind and write down whatever thoughts came to her.

I mean, that's what Kassidy liked to do. She liked writing. It was one of her favorite things. She didn't really understand where that trait came from, but she was glad that she had it nonetheless.

"Kas!" A high-pitched voice alerted Kassidy, making her look to her left and see her twin sister running towards her from where she had been drawing in the sand with sticks.

"Will you stop writing and just come and play with me? Pretty please?" Karen asked as she stopped running, now standing directly in front of her sister and blocking her view of the ocean.

"Kazza." Kassidy sighed, closing her little notebook before sticking the pencil in the spiral part and setting the whole thing aside. "Fine, but there really isn't much to do here."

"Oh, there can be loads to do here." Karen grinned, grabbing her sister by the hands and pulling her to her feet.

"Like what?" Kassidy questioned, being pulled along towards the shoreline.