Chapter 2

(Mikey)

"Guys I'm home!" I tell into the apartment at 11:15, knowing neither of them are asleep.

"Mikey come here you have to hear what Jessie did at work today!" I laugh and put my bag down on the table by the door, kicking my shoes off and walking into the kitchen.

"So I heard you met 5sos?" I say, walking to the fridge and pulling out the orange juice.

"Man I wish you could have come in today, it was so sick! So you know how we heard that they are looking for a new guitarist?" Jessie starts, KC and I nod.

"Well they had a meeting to get ideas for how to do just that. I was the only one, with Mikey's help, to have the good ideas. So next week they are holding auditions at Hopeless for anyone who can get there. But like the day before anyone performs to the band there will b a couple people they have to perform to. To make sure they are serious. So John asked if Mikey would help with auditions because you know a good guitarist when you hear one." Jessie finishes.

"Holy shit! You both get to meet 5sos but I don't?!" We laugh at KC's pouting face.

"Hey we work there. So I'm gonna be one of the judges for like before right?" I ask.

"Ya, and maybe with the band too, they have been having a rough time according to John so... But make sure you're off next weekend" Jessie tells me. I nod and make a mental note to get my homework done and to tell my boss at the music store I can't do the weekend.

~~~~~

(Next day: Sunday)

"Breaking news! Any five sauce fans that can shred on guitar? You're in luck! Five Seconds of summer are holding auditions at the Hopeless Records Headquarters in Sydney Australia next weekend. Anyone 18 and older are eligible to enter. Just be at the Hopeless building friday morning, 8:00 sharp! Good Luck to everyone involved!"

"Are you going to audition Mikey?" Kyle, the other guy that works my shifts with me asks. I laugh and shake my head, while restocking the CD shelves.

"No way! I may play guitar but that doesn't mean I can be in a world famous band." I laugh.

"Besides, Jessie and I were commissioned to help with the auditions. I'm one of the judges.

"Dude you always get the cool jobs! Like seriously you are working with Five seconds of summer and you don't even seem phased." he says, opening a new pack of guitar picks and emptying them into the jar on the counter.

"I don't know. I like their band, I just don't freak out over them." I shrug

"And you just don't luke Luke in general" Kyle jokes. I smirk at him,

"What are they like? Did Jessie say?"

" he said they seemed like they have been through a tough time recently, like they really shouldn't be working but they were pushing through."

"They did just kick their guitarist out of the band like last month." he says, rearranging some posters.

"Ya. true." I sigh, looking at the time, we have four more hours to go.

"Dude if you have homework you know you can do it right? I dont care, there is no one here." I nod.

"Ya I guess" . I go to grab my backpack. I sit on the floor behind the counter and pull out my Music theory book and my laptop. I have to write an essay by tomorrow.

~~

I was working for around an hour and I have the first couple pages done, when my phone rings.