The missing piece

_________

It was a winter ball, another ball to find the next possible queen.

The prince have had multiple flings from Princesses and lady royals from lands beyond.

Its not that he was cold or harsh, in fact quiet the opposite, he was rather nice and social, a bit cocky but not a bad person, perhaps he just hasn't found the right one.

Prince Thomas stood there having banter with a fine maiden dressed in a wonderous flowing gown.

"I do have to say, you look splendid this evening, your green dress really brings out your eyes, they are like shining stars in the dark night sky"

The woman face flushed red, the prince liked her eyes but aside from that he wasn't interested.

He kissed the lady's hand gently and moved unto a woman dressed in red.

"Now what's a beautiful lady like you doing here on her own?"

"I came here to have a good time dear sir, and not to fall for society's expectations in women."

The Prince chuckled.

"May I ask your name?"

"Angelica schuyler your highness"

The woman answered with a small courtesy

"Ah a schuyler, the eldest, you're the gossip in New York, I've heard about you"

"Well who hasn't"

The woman said in a joking tone

he liked her personality and she was very lovely, she would be a good option, although there was still something he longed for, something missing.

As he was conversing with the schuyler his heart skipped a beat as he saw a soldier with company, a feeling he's never felt before, he felt helpless, he looked at the soldier as they laughed.

The soldier was beautiful even if they were ten feet away from each other, he could feel a kind aura, he wanted to approach the them as he was dazzling in the moon, although he didn't as it would've been inappropriate for having no apparent reason to approach them.

"Sir-sir jefferson?"

The schuyler put him back to reality.

"Oh yes ms. Schuyler?"

"Are you alright? You seem distracted?"

"Oh well ms. Schuyler, the night is still young why dont you go enjoy yourself, I would love to but unfortunately we cant talk all night."

He kissed the schuylers hand and went their opposite directions.

He slowly paced around thinking of excuses to talk to the soldier, he thought maybe a congratulations, or a approvement of training, but of course he did not know the other.

His thoughts were interrupted by his father calling his name, he turned to see the former king with multiple ladies by his side for the prince to meet and talk to.