Weakened spell

You stood up and opened the curtains.

Goth covered it's small face with it's paw and turned around to hide under the blanket.

— What? I thought that cats loved the sun. Rise and shine, my fluffy friends!

— „So it wasn't a nightmare?" — Muscle raised it's head.

— „Talking about shining, we shouldn't forget repetition, so we'll be ready for the concert when we'll get back." — Dull said.

— „That's true. Come with us, Violet." — Barbie jumped on the table. Dull followed it. Muscle jumped on the table as well.

— „Ugh... too high. I can't, I'm barely jumping on the bed." — Goth sat down on the floor near the table.

— Aw, you want to join your friends? Come here, little one, — You picked it up and put it on the table.

— „Thank you."

Four of them started meowing loudly.

— They're so noisy, — Your mother entered room, — By the way, why is every single book on the floor?

— What? I didn't do anything, — You stared at the animals.

— „Phantomhive did it!" — Grey pushed Pirate forward and pointed it's paw at it.

— „You were there too!" — Pirate yelled, — „I couldn't even jump high, You, Phipps and Sebastian were the ones who dropped books down for us to check!"

— „It was your butler's idea and you're responsible for your butler's actions."

— „Sebastian, what were you thinking?! Why didn't you put books back after we finished checking?! I was so sleepy and disappointed that I couldn't think straight! Actually, none of you remembered it."

— „I wanted to put them back but your butler stopped me." — Said Cotton.

— „What?! Is it true, Sebastian?! Why would you do that?! You should've helped him! What was the point to wait till they were asleep, if we'd leave evidence anyway? We just wasted our time to check useless books."

— „Because if the witch hides her special book somewhere else, she'll think that thief wants it and she will check if it was stolen. I didn't think that they would blame us... I wanted to spy on witch and find her spell book."

— Maybe it was thief? — Your mother said.

— Pfft, couldn't they find more rich people? I dunno... if it was thief, wouldn't animals wake up? I think that they screwed up everything, that's why they were so silent...

— I don't know, how did they throw books around so soundlessly?

— I see fur here, — You picked up one book and examined it. — I don't think that thief collected hair to blame it on the animals. It would take too much time to put hair in almost every page in every book. This is crazy. Besides why would thief be interested in books? What about money? Was something stolen?

— No, I checked, nothing is missing.

— Then it's obvious that animals screwed up everything. Why would thief come all the way here to put our books on the floor? This is just dumb.

— „Sebastian, your plan failed greatly." — Pirate glared at Raven.

— „Seems like they don't have more books hidden here. Overall they didn't look like they own any precious book that might be wanted by thieves. Maybe she has good memory and doesn't require book to read spells?"