Taken Part 2

"This is so uncalled for, let me go!" you yelled through gag in your mouth. A sharp pain shot through your back in response. Your limbs were bound and you were laid across the back of a black horse behind one of your abducters.

"For the love of God, why did we have to steal the talkative dwarf?" The hooded rider to your left grumbled.

"Because Daorel, the line of Durin is fond of this one. They'll pay a handsome price to get her back." You heard the man that struck you explain. You laughed spitefully, "As if they would bend to the likes of you, you'll be dead before you see a single coin." Your muffled comment earned you another strike, this one to the back of your head.

"You're very confident for someone in your position," Daorel sneered, "if you were smart you would watch yourself."

"Well atleast I still have my honor, which is more than the two of you can say." You shot back, "There's no honor in attacking a person while they're unarmed."

Daorel scoffed, "What do you mean unarmed? You had a club for crying out loud. You nearly took Armron's head off."

You snorted, "That wasn't a club. It just was a stray branch I grabbed when he tried gagging me." You lifted your head to try to look over at Armron, "How's the finger by the way? Still attached?"

"You keep laughing, we never said we'd give you back whole. I'll take a hand as compensation." Armron threatened, right before bringing his good fist down on the back of your head. You saw stars and tasted blood. You twisted your face into a scowl that you hoped looked braver than it felt. You silently prayed that the rest of the company would wake soon and come looking for you.

*****

"Kili slow down, you can't track her while running so quickly." Fili pleaded, grabbing Kili by the shoulder, "You don't even know which direction she left in."

"But I do Fili, look!" Kili exclaimed, picking up something shiny, "It's one Y/N's beads. She must have taken it out when she was grabbed. It's the only explanation!"

"I'll admit that it's strange, but it also could have come loose while she was helping Bifur collect firewood last night. The girl certainly has enough beads in her hair to not notice that one fell out." Fili countered, still not wanting to think the worse, "I'm not saying we should stop looking, but unless we find another one nearby we may have to write the bead off as a coincidence."

Kili shook his head, "Why must you always try to rationalize everything that happens?"

Fili snorted, "For the same reason you always think with your heart, somebody's got to make you see a different point of view."

The Durin boys continued to search the path for any sign of your presence.

A couple hundred yards away they saw it, laying in the middle of the path atop the browning leaves.

A single copper bead.

*****