Caught Staring (BifurXdwarf!reader)

"You'll will not be courting such a dwarf! I won't allow it Y/N!" Dori whispered harshly as he shook his head at the idea.

"But Ada, what do you not like about him? He is one of the kindest, most heartfelt dwarf I have ever met. If you would only give him a chance Ada..." You quietly begged, looking at the stoic dwarf from across the fire.

"No, I've made my decision and I will not allow you to be with him as any more than friends. Think of what people would say!" Your father warned. You stared at the axe embedded in Bifur's forehead as it seemed to sparkle in the firelight.

"Forget what others would think of us!" You shouted angrily before panic flooded your senses, your declaration was louder than you intended. You looked to the dwarves that surrounded you. None of them noticed your small outburst as they focused on the story Balin told. Or if they had, they graciously ignored it.

"Were you not the dwarf that always raised me to never judge my fellow dwarrow by their appearance but by the content of their character?"You snapped keeping your voice low this time, "What happened to that Ada I knew? He would want me to be with the dwarf I loved."

"Oh Y/N.. You know I hate it when you turn my words against me. I won't change my mind on the matter. There's nothing you can say or do to change it." Dori said as he placed a hand on your shoulder, "You're still young my dear. You'll find a better dwarf that you truly love to settle down with. I know you that you think you love him, but once these feelings have passed you'll come to see that I was right." Dori peered at Balin who continued to tell his story.

"It's getting late now love, why don't you settle down for the night and try to get some sleep? We have a long day ahead of us tomorrow." Dori suggested as he rose to turn in for the night.

"We always have a long day ahead of us." you muttered under your breath, but went to lay down on your bedroll nonetheless.

*******

You woke with a start to Gloin's foot in your face and the rest of the company still asleep on their bedrolls. You shoved the offending foot away, not caring if you woke him and grumbled to yourself about the lack of sleeping etiquette in the company. You didn't know how much more snoring and restless flailing you could handle. You sat up with a groan and took in your surroundings. The sun crept over the edge of the horizon and painted the forest floor in a bright red. You picked yourself up from the forest floor and brushed crushed leaves off yourself. You glared at Gloin who had rolled off his mat during the night and pushed you from yours.

"Stupid banker." you muttered as you pulled a twig from your sleep mussed up hair, your braids were in dire need of being redone soon. You tossed the twig at the still sleeping Gloin before you got to your feet. You trudged toward the general direction out of camp, stepping on a branch in the process. Fili leapt up from his seat atop a rotting tree stump with his hands already pulling his sword free. You rolled your eyes at him and jabbed a thumb in the direction away from camp and mouthed the word, 'bathroom'. He shoulders relaxing, he nodded his head in understanding before turning his attention back to the forest ahead.

While you slunk back to camp, you hear the grumbling chatter of the other dwarves as the came to one by one. All but Kili were awake and tending to their gear, the brunette prince still laid unconscious on his bed mat.

His royal beauty sleep didn't last for long.

Thorin pulled Kili's bedroll out from beneath him and declared that 'the sun will have already set on the gates of Erebor by the time he was ready to move on'. You made your way over to your own bedroll and shook it clean of debris before rolling it up, now that it was also free of Gloin. You reached a hand toward the ruffled plaits in your hair when you noticed a certain dwarf watching you. Your overwhelming feeling of self-consciousness surprised you. You heard a chuckle beside you and froze.

"Don't think I didn't notice you eyeing my cousin like a fresh piece of meat." Bofur said from behind you. Glancing behind you, you found him smirking. You ignored the heat that radiated from your face as you said, "I have no idea what you're talking about Bofur."

That was a mistake.

"If you checked out his arse any more, you'd have him beat. Although, I can't condemn the man. You do have quite a nice-" You shook your head, denying the implications in his words. You didn't dare to think that he may have been speaking the truth, "Bifur does not check out my arse. If anyone in the company does, it's Kili. The prince isn't exactly the most subtle of dwarves when it comes to the matter."

"Lass, he looks at you far more than the prince does, but that's not the important part of this conversation. We should be talking about why you haven't tried courting him yet. -Because Mahal knows I can't seem to convince the great lump that you fancy him as well. Down right stubborn, the pair of yah." His braids bounced as he let out a bawdy laugh.

"Well it's moreso due to the fact that my Ada doesn't approve of him." You confided as you carefully took out a section of your braids and brushed through it.

"Just leave it all me lass, and yah won't have to do yer own braids ever again."

"I don't know if I should be excited or worried."

"A healthy dose of both would probably be best." He said winking.