Why Are You Here -Part 4

"Wait a second. You're the toy maker that Ori told me about?" You couldn't believe it, "Ori told me all about you, but I never realized you were him."

"All good things I hope." Bofur chuckled.

"Of course," you nodded reassuringly, " he said he would have never been able to finish it without your help." A sly grin made its way to your face as you realized the opportunity before you. Failing to sound casual you asked, "Hey, about that text on the cover, you wouldn't happen to know what it says, would you?" With a knowing grin plastered to his face he shook his head, "Sorry lass. I promised the boy I wouldn't say what was on the cover. Nice try though. I guess it makes sense why he didn't tell you yet though."

Now what the hell does he mean by that?

"What do you mean it makes sense? I'm sure it's nothing negative, so what could it possibly be? Can you at least tell me what language it is?" You pressed him for more information.

For three years, you've had this journal, begging Ori to tell you what the script on the cover meant. But he simply said he would tell you when the time was right. Nobody in town seemed to know what language it was. Well, nobody except Master Balin, but Ori had him sworn to secrecy.

"Sorry lass, I'm afraid I can't do that either. But say, what did yah think of the finished product?"

You proudly fished the use worn journal from your bag. It was in good condition, but the gold leafing along the edges had begun to fade.

"It's the only thing I use for my studies now, I love it." You said as you hand it to Bofur.

"Ori wasn't exaggerating when he said you do a number on yer notebooks. I'd  ask how'd you manage to fade the cover, but after watching yah bash orc skulls with yer bag, I can see why." Bofur cracked the journal open to a random page, "So let's see what has Miss Y/N been studying about."

"Oh it's nothing exciting really, it's mostly just foreign languages and medicinal notes. Nothing to waste your time flipping through." You said quickly as you attempted to grab the journal out of his hands.

"I daresay you're trying to hide something from us Y/N."  Kili mused as he wiggled his eyebrows at you, as he joined Bofur.

"I do believe you're right Kili," Bofur laughed as he flipped through the pages covered in your smudged handwriting, rough sketches of medicinal herbs and anatomical structures filled any possibly blank spaces. The pair stepped over a fallen tree right before you heard Kili speak.

"Well now, would you look at that. And here I thought we were in the company of a lady."

Oh gods.

"I wonder who else she's been drawing like that." Kili joked, "Flip to some the more recent pages."

Nonononononononono

"Dwalin," you looked over your shoulder at the frowning dwarf walking behind you, "Grab the stretcher from me for a second please."

Dwalin grunted unhappily, but took the grips from you. Free of it, you snatched the book out of Bofur's grasp and clasped it to your chest, "It isn't what you think, it was for a study of the muscular system. I was studying how the different muscle groups contracted with certain movements."

"Well if that were the case, why didn't you request somebody more like myself?" Kili continued to tease as he flexed his covered arms, "I've been told they're quite defined by the ladies." You heard Fili snort from in front of the stretcher, "Mother doesn't count." Kili shot him a dirty look, "I wasn't talking about her and you know it."

"None of that really matters boys, what we're interested in at the moment are these drawing of miss Y/N." Bofur said, interrupting the squabbling brothers.

"If you wouldn't mind my lady," Bofur held out his hand expectantly, "The book?"

You snorted, "Yeah no, the pair of you have seen plenty of my research already."

"Is that what they're calling it these days? But nevertheless, if those pictures of yers are purely for academic purposes I don't see the harm in letting the rest of us learn something new."

Damn it.

You sighed in defeat as you handed him back the journal, "Just please don't laugh, they really were for a study."

"You have my word miss." Bofur promised as he cracked open the book once again with a cheeky smile plastered to his face.

Where's a distraction when you need one

=============

A/N: IMPORTANT, the next piece uploaded is still considered part of this storyline!!! It's supposed be like a flash back if you want to think of it that way.

Side question, what do you think is on the cover guys???? Lemme hear the guesses