Uncle Jezzy

Gotta love great Uncle Joe

~Emma Smith~

"I don't understand. One minute he was standing in line, the next he's gone!" I balled my fists, getting ready to punch Matt.

He saw my hands and put his in front of his face to shield himself, "Woah sis, don't go all crazy on me."

I shouted at him, "What if that was the real Finn Wolfhard?!"

He rolled his eyes and replied, "Then you can always text Joe to ask him to come over."

"But Joe lives in Chicago most of the time. He always brags about their pizzas." I licked my lips, "Mmmmm pizza..."

Matt brought me back to earth by shaking my shoulders back and forth, "Let's just concentrate on getting to Aunt M's house. She texted me saying she's got cookies ready for us."

Our mom looked back at us, "Joe is supposed to pick us up at the front of the Vancouver Airport once we've gotten through international."

I sighed and pulled my duffel bag strap back over my shoulder, "Then let's do this."

~

We stepped out of borderline security and scanned the crowds for Joe. I finally spotted him smiling at us and holding a sign up that read "The Smiths."

I dropped my bags and bolted over to him. "Jezzy!" He gave me a big hug, "Emma! I haven't seen you in so long!"

Matt reluctantly dragged my luggage over to Joe and dropped it at my feet. Him and Joe hugged too. I was bouncing up and down and yelling, "You know who I saw at our gate? Finn WOLFHARD!"

Joe smiled, "Yeah you should have. The entire cast is flying out here for Christmas. We are all trying to spend it together this year to celebrate season 2."

I screamed, "So you are saying I am in the same city as the freaking caST OF STRANGER THINGS?!"

Matt slapped his head and pointed to me, "Here's what you're going to be taking care of for a while. It needs to be fed 5 times a day and is only allowed decaffeinated Starbucks drinks. It also takes frequent naps and will pass out anywhere if necessary."

I glared at him. Matt smiled back his pearly-whites at me. Joe picked me up off of the ground and spun me around in a circle, "You do know that we are spending Christmas with them right? Is that okay?"

I gasped, "Okay? Is that okay? That's just FANTASTIC!"

I dragged my luggage over to the exit where Joe's vehicle was parked. He kept trying to help me, but I shooed him away like a fly. He put all of our baggage in the trunk and we took off to our aunt's house.

"So how is that going to work on Christmas day?" I poked Joe on the back of his head. He looked into the rearview mirror to see me and said, "Still don't know the exact details yet Ems. I just know that the entire cast is meeting in Vancouver and we're all spending it here together." He smirked, "They are all dying to meet you, too."

I paused for a few moments to let the comment sink in. "Lemme get this straight," I said, "The cast of Stranger Things is coming to Vancouver for Christmas, we're spending ours with them, AND they know I exist?"

Joe smiled, "They definitely know you exist. I tend to talk about you a lot."

I blushed, "Thanks Joe! You're the best!" Matt rolled his eyes.

After a long drive from the airport, Joe pulled into Aunt Marnie's driveway. My mom got nervous, "Be careful not to hit the snowbanks! They're icy and will give your car a big scratch on the doors." He reassured her, "I got it, Aunt Willow." Once we were parked, Joe hauled my suitcase out of the back and gave it to me, noticing the Stranger Things logo plastered on the back. "Seriously?" he asked. I frowned at him, "That was Matt's reaction too."
Once everyone was settled in their rooms, the men sat in the living room and watched the Christmas Eve football game while the women regrouped in the kitchen and ate chocolate chip cookies.

"How is season 2 of Stranger Things?" My Aunt Marnie asked me, "I still haven't watched it yet." I smiled up at her, "Thank god you asked me. Everyone has tried not to bring it up because they know it will be all I'll talk about for a few hours." She looked at Joe sitting on the couch, shouting at the tv and smiled, "You do know that he invited them all here for Christmas to meet you, right?" I stood there in shock, "You don't mean that... But why? Why take away from everyone's break so they could meet a clumsy little fangirl?" She glanced back at me, "Because he loves you, dear. He loves his little cousin to death and would do anything to make her happy."

I caught Joe's eye. He smirked at me.