You're Such A Tool, Wolfhard

I am a city boy
You are a city girl
You date the city tool
I am the tool
You are the city fool

~Emma Smith~

"Y'all get ready to pile out!" Sadie yelled at the boys screwing around in the back seat, "And don't mess your outfits up! I had to pull them together last minute."

It was the day of comic con, and the gang and I were on our way to the convention. Well, was. We had all piled in a black GMC when Gaten accidentally spilt his starbucks drink on Finn. They started arguing back and forth about whose fault it was, and next thing you know they're all squabbling like siblings. The vehicle was forced to turn around after Finn rubbed his wet jacket on Caleb's suit. Thankfully, after the boys changed into new clothes courtesy of Sadie, we all got back into the truck and plugged the convention center into the GPS.

It was hard to shuffle out of the car. Paparazzi bombarded Millie with questions and cameras, stopping everyone else from exiting the vehicle. Once I got out, microphones were shoved into my face and flashing cell phones blinded me. Security was eventually called to escort us into the center and away from the reporters.

The older cast and Joe weren't coming with us, so I felt like I was on my own without him. Finn saw my nervous expression and reassured me, "It's all good to be nervous. These things give me anxiety every time I go to them. It's all part of the job, I'm afraid." He scratched his neck.

I mustered a more easygoing laugh, "How do these give you anxiety? Don't you perform with your band in front of thousands of people?"

"Yeah, but it calms the nerves when I catch girls singing in the crowd with me." He poked me in the arm.

I felt my body relax a little when he talked. I poked back at him, "You know you sound like a ladies man."

He tried to flex a muscle. "They're the only thing on my mind."

"You're such a tool, Wolfhard." I squeezed his bicep, "There's nothing even there."

He dramatically gasped and I couldn't stifle my laughter. I realized that I was so into him, I didn't pay attention to the screaming fans or the journalists. All of a sudden, I didn't feel so anxious anymore.
Do I like him?
No, I can't.
I like Noah.
Where is Noah?
Crap.

I gestured a 'see ya later' to Finn and ran to catch up with Noah. He seemed a little down. Did he see me talking to Finn? Did he think I was flirting?
God, I hope not.

I caught his eye and he tried to smile at me.
It wasn't one of his usual happy-go-lucky, toothy grins though.
Noah Schnapp just gave me a fake smile.
Did I hurt him?

"What's wrong, Noah?" I made sure to keep my distance from him. Paparazzi probably had 100 eyes on me at the moment, so I left some room in between us.

He took a deep breath in, "I get kinda nervous in big crowds. Did Finn tell you I get nervous in big crowds?"

I was kind of taken aback by the comment, but I was careful not to show it in my face. "Uh, he didn't mention it." I decided to change the topic, "So do you guys do interviews and meet-n-greets all day? That must get exhausting."

He perked up a bit, "It's fun to meet everyone. You get some people who have traveled a lot way to come, some who are dressed up like our characters, and others that bring you stuff. It's really cool to meet fans that are from other countries and speak different languages. I can try my French and Portugese on them, sometimes."

I giggle, "I watched that video of you online. You said something not so kid-friendly in Portugese."

"What did I say?" He asked.