Murder Sandwiches

Kill the lettuce, not the animals!

~Millie Bobby Brown~

Joe opened the door.

"Hi mom!" We all shared a quick group hug before Joe pulled away and gestured to the grand hallway. "Come in guys!"

I could see Joe's family rushing around behind me, hastily tidying up their home. Aunt M ran to the doorway to greet us. "Can't wait to see Emm's face when she sees them!" She chuckled and gave a quick wave then ran off to the living room.
I had been in this house many times. We used to host massive parties here and the place would look like a dump after. Sadie and I would usually be the ones cleaning it up. But Joe's family practically bedazzled the house. And repainted it. The living room was a nice light grey and the walls were lined with photos. I walked up to the biggest one mounted over the couch. It was the first photo the entire cast took together. Finn came up behind me and beamed at the picture.

"That was so long ago. I remember you were so nervous for the first day of filming that you couldn't stop shaking." He reminisced.

I laughed, "I definitely remember that. But I'm pretty sure that day was the start of my career."

We looked at each other and smiled.

Joe led the rest of us into the living room and they plopped down on the couches. All the sudden his eyes went wide, "I think I left my boxers on the floor before Emma dragged all my stuff into another room! Shoot!" Without another word, Joe dashed off to find his underpants.

I looked down the hallway to see a girl about my age stub her big toe on a couch leg. She wailed in pain.

"FUCK! MOTHER JOE I AM IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE!" She screamed out.

Joe ran out from around the corner and picked her up bridal-style. "What do you need Emms?"

I stared down the hallway at the girl in Joe's arms. SHE'S EMMA?
But she is so beautiful!
Joe always told us how ugly she was.

-

"Guys, Emma is frickin ugly. She looks like a cow. So don't expect a pretty little princess, cuz you're certainly going to be disappointed."

I shook my head, "Joe she can't be that ugly if you talk about her all the time."

He waved a finger at me, "Just warning you. She is a monster in the morning. You definitely do NOT want to see that face."

-

Boy was he wrong.
Finn came up behind again and peered over my shoulder before letting his jaw drop, "That's Emma?" I nodded, "Yup. And she's looking fabulous."

"Can I come out now?" I yelled from the living room. I could see Emma's eyes go wide when Joe dropped her on her butt.

"OW! WAS THAT-" Joe put his hand over her mouth to silence her, then called out, "No! Not yet Millie!"

She licked his hand and he quickly pulled it away and wiped it on her hoodie. "You're nasty Emma!" She slapped him on the arm. "Shut up the cast of my DREAMS is in the next room and you just DROPPED ME!" He replied with, "Oh please." Emma frowned, "You see them every day! So of course YOU wouldn't make a big fuss over it!"

He pulled her up and pushed her into the couch, "Fine they can come out." He said it loud enough for us to hear.

I feel Finn shaking a bit behind me. His anxiety was probably kicking in. I whipped around and held his shoulders, "Finn, you're okay. You aren't meeting a famous celebrity like Kate Upton." I saw Noah in the corner of my eye glaring at me, "She's just a fan. No one to be nervous about."

He reluctantly replied, "O-Okay."

And with that, I pushed him down the hallway and into the other living room. I laughed to myself, "I almost forgot you had two living rooms."

Emma shot up from the couch and put her hand over her mouth, trying to restrain a gasp. Finn smiled and pulled her into a hug. Gaten climbed over Caleb and got in the action. Sadie grabbed Noah and Caleb by the ear and dragged them over, where they all shared a group hug. I quickly pulled out my phone from the pocket in my dress and took a photo.

"You guys are so cute! I'm totally going to post this!"

@milliebobbybrown: Gang is finally meeting Joe's little cousin!!! She's so cute!

I hit 'post'. Noah grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into the hug.

~

"So I hear that you're vegetarian?" I asked Emma.

"Unfortunately, yes." She sighed into her red solo cup.

"Unfortunately?"

"Joe and I were on a road trip when we passed a slaughterhouse. They were trying to push a cow in and it looked so sad. I actually started to cry. Then I watched it go through the 'slaughter' phase."

I cringed.

"That's nasty. Sadie's vegan so you'll have a sister in that department."

"Yeah, I admire her so much for that. I could never go on a vegan diet, being vegetarian is hard enough." She peered over at Sadie, who was walking towards us.

"Do I hear that you admire me for my veganism? That's so sweet! No one's ever said that before!" Sadie pulled Emma into a hug and squeezed her. Joe walked over with a BLT and waved it under Emma's nose.

She looked at Joe with disgust, "You know what I call those? Murder sandwiches."

I laughed so hard I started wheezing, "Murder sandwiches?" Sadie was holding onto her stomach and trying not to roll over laughing.

Joe started to chuckle too, "Since when have you started calling these 'murder sandwiches'?" He asked.

"Since last year actually. I haven't seen you for that long." Emma replied.

"Aren't you sad that you haven't seen him in a long time? Why do you seem so happy?" Sadie was able to speak again.

Emma shook her head excitedly, "Nope! That just means that we have so much to catch up on! Storytime!" She sat down on the couch, red solo cup in hand, and started telling us the story of how she did a backflip off the couch and broke her chin.