December 25, 2014

Dear Friend,

Two days ago, Normani invited us over to her house for a small Christmas gathering. We exchanged our presents there, but Lauren and I agreed that it would be best for the both of us to exchange our presents on Christmas day since we will see each other. I was very satisfied with the presents I received. Normani gave me a blue lava lamp which I have plugged up in my room right now. Ally gifted me this cute bow necklace which I thought was really sweet. As for Dinah, well she thought it would be hilarious to give me this book, 5,000 Sidesplitting Jokes and One-Liners along with a pink pajama set. I responded to her by saying I could have probably written a whole trilogy if I tried, but of course, she disagreed. By the looks of it, I think everyone enjoyed their present.

We spent the night talking, watching movies, and even putting the karaoke machine I gave Dinah into good use. Everyone pretty much sang comedic and upbeat songs such as Ice Ice Baby, It's Raining Men, and Rock Lobster. Well, everyone except Lauren. When it was Lauren's turn, the sound of an acoustic melody started to play.

"Don't try to make me stay or ask if okay..." Lauren looked at me, taking my hand on her own as she helped me up from my seat.

"Awww," the other girls chimed.

Now singing the chorus as she traced my bottom lip with her fingers, "It makes your liiiiips so kissable and your kiiiis unmissable." She continued, "your fingertips so touchable," Lauren now having her hand make its way from my lips to my right hand. "And your eyyyes irresistible." Lauren finished the song, crashing our lips together gently, making the other girls squeal in awe.

"When did you become such a romantic?" I asked Lauren.

"Ever since you became my girlfriend, sweet eyes," Lauren responded, her words making me blush.

"She's not kidding," Normani interceded, "I don't know what spell you put her in Camila, because before you..." Normani continued, "Well she was a player."

"Really? Lauren? I would have never guessed!" Ally said in a somewhat surprised but also sarcastic tone.

"Yeah, I think it's her emerald green eyes that draws the ladies in," Normani replied nonchalantly.

"Oh Normani," Lauren said, sighing and rolling her eyes, "hey I think Camila's eyes are really pretty. They're my favorite if you ask me."

"There's nothing special about them," I said, chuckling at my own words, "they're just brown which is kind of boring."

Lauren took a short pause, thinking of the next words to come out of her mouth, "Yeah. Before, brown eyes were just brown eyes to me until they became your eyes."

"Okay, I've had enough of this," Dinah interrupted, throwing her hands onto the couch she was occupying. "I hope Santa comes to my house with a cute boy."

"Girlll, agreed." Normani agreed, high-fiving Dinah.

-

My Christmas Eve wasn't anything too grand. I spent the day cooking food with my grandma and watching Christmas films with Sofi. Sofi wanted to stay up all night, but I reminded her that Santa wouldn't come to our house if she were to be awake all night.

The rest of the night, I spent putting presents in Sofi's stocking and also arranging her gifts from "Santa." I guess doing that was beneficial to me because it helped get my mind off of meeting Lauren's parents the next day.

-

I woke up this morning feeling excited for Sofi to finally open her presents. I even woke up earlier than her. Nonetheless, I didn't compare to her excitement because as soon as she came downstairs, she practically trashed the whole living room with wrapping paper.