March 27, 2015

Dear Friend,

I finally came up with how I'm going to officially ask Lauren to be my girlfriend again. This is something that she isn't expecting which is what makes it more exciting. What I have in mind is more so a present to the both of us, not just Lauren.

I arrived at Lauren's house early this morning. I've never been a morning person, but today I am. Today is special.

"Good morning sleepy head," I said while sitting on the bed beside a sleeping Lauren, kissing her temple. Her mom had kindly invited me to come inside, knowing that I had special plans with Lauren today.

"Camz?" Lauren asked sleepily, her voice raspier than usual. She grabbed her phone on the bedside table, checking the time, "I thought we were leaving at noon? It's only 9:45."

"I couldn't sleep anymore and I'm really excited for today," I admitted.

"Clearly," the girl responded, still trying to keep her eyes open. "Come lay with me," she continued as I laid down.

"Did you pack yet?" I asked her.

"I did last night. Where are we going that you made me pack two extra sets of clothing?" Lauren asked, hugging me close to her, her chin resting on my shoulder.

"I told you already. We're going to a place and sleeping there overnight. That's why I told you to bring pajamas."

"That's not much of a clue," Lauren said as her eyes fluttered shut. The feeling of her warm breath hitting my neck.

"You'll just have to wait until we get there," I told her as we entwined our fingers together.

"Are we gonna be there alone?"

"We are," I answered.

"Hmmm... Interesting," Lauren said. "So we're gonna have a room with a bed all to ourselves? Like with no one around to bother us?"

"Something like that," I told her. "It'll be just the two of us. Alone."

"I like the sound of that," Lauren said as she kissed the back of my hand and held it close to her chest.

We laid on her bed with Lauren dozing off to sleep for another couple of hours as I stayed awake, occasionally admiring her sleeping form and going through my phone from time to time. Once Lauren had woken up, we ate breakfast that her mom had made before finally hitting the road.

The drive was long, but being accompanied by my girlfriend made it enjoyable and short. We sang a multitude of songs and drove past familiar attractions that we'd been to before. Lauren went on to tell stories about her childhood which I thoroughly enjoyed hearing about.

After four hours, we arrived at our destination.

"Woah," Lauren said in a surprised tone. "Who's house is this?"

We made our way out of the car, admiring the view of the house which had a lake view beside it along with the greenery from the trees surrounding it.

"This is a cabin that my parents, Sofi, and I used to go to every summer," I told Lauren, reminiscing the old memories from the time which I had spent here.

"This place is beautiful. How did you afford a place like this?," Lauren asked concerningly.

"It actually didn't cost me a penny because I kind of own this place," I informed her. "Well, me and Sofi do. After my parents passed away, this was one of the things that they'd left for me and Sofi." My family had never been wealthy. I like to think that we're middle class, but my dad had inherited this cabin along with the land around it from my grandfather and now Sofi and I have ownership of it.