Epilogue (I)

Two Years Later...

Dear Friend,

How have you been? I hope you're doing okay. I, myself have been doing pretty well. It's the first day of summer break here in Miami. I'm really excited because Dinah, Normani, and Ally are here and Lauren will be home later today.

I should update you on what's been going on with me and my friends. For one, Lauren and I did end up going to that Ed Sheeran concert during the summer we graduated high school. We had a lot of fun and are planning on going again this November.

Dinah and Normani are still very much in love even though it took them a year to finally admit it to each other. As for Ally, well, she's engaged now! Her and Will plan on getting married sometime next year which is really exciting. Of course, I will be one of her bridesmaids as well as Lauren, Dinah, and Normani.

College has surprisingly been good to me. I've made a couple of friends here and figured out what I'm going to major in. I plan on majoring in English Literature to pursue writing. I want to write novels and vocalize my mind through them. Furthermore, I received a scholarship at Columbia University School of Arts. I'm really stoked to go and pursue my dreams. Normani and I also decided to get an apartment together since the university she goes to is only about twenty minutes away from mine. Dinah and Lauren are pretty jealous of the fact that Normani and I are sharing a roof together, but we told them they could visit anytime and that sharing is caring.

The not so exciting part about moving to New York is that I'll be away from my grandma and Sofi. Though they are very supportive of the idea, I know that it's not going to be easy. I've been with them almost every day of my life so being apart will definitely be different. I did promise to call every day and visit as much as I can.

Going to college in New York also means that I will be further away from Lauren. Since she left for Alabama, she's tried to come home twice every month to see me. There have also been times where I'd drive up there to surprise her. Even then, we would still really miss each other's presence. If being away from each other has taught me anything, it's that distance has made seeing each other more special. It has taught me how much I really am in love with her.

Furthermore, Lauren lived up to her word of writing a letter to me every day that she's away for college. She would write me different things, from love letters, to poems, to jokes she thought were funny, and to anything that she thought I would enjoy reading. Of course I enjoyed reading them all and seeing the little polaroid picture that she'd send along with them.