February 14, 2015

I spent Valentine's day with Dinah and Normani. Considering the two are both single, they didn't have any special plans. Thus, we decided to have a Valentine's day slumber party at my house. I would have invited Ally to come along, but she had plans with her boyfriend, Will.

Although Lauren was in Alabama for the weekend, she'd still manage to create a smile on my face today. This all started when she'd sent me a text message this morning.

My Princess [9:02 am]: Happy Valentine's Day sweet eyes. Sorry I'm not there to spend it with you, but I'll be there in spirit! I hope you like what I got you. I love you <3

Now at that moment, I didn't know what Lauren was talking about. I didn't expect to receive anything from her since she was hundreds of miles away. I kind of just brushed it off, thinking that she'd made a texting mistake, but then hours later, Taylor, her sister arrived at my front door.

"Hey Camila," Taylor greeted. "Lauren asked me to drop this off to you today. She said it's your Valentine's day present."

I thanked Taylor before watching her leave and drive off with what seemed to be her friends. I was still shocked that Lauren had managed to pull off giving me a present even though she's not physically here with me. Lauren had given me a brown, giant stuffed dog with a black spot on its eye. The dog also came with a Valentine's Day themed card which read:

Dear Camila,

February 14th is known to be the day of romance and the day to show that special person that you love them, but every day I'm with you, I get to experience that. You've shown me love in a way that I have never experienced before. It's like everything feels so new yet you make it feel so comfortable. 

The day I met you, you suggested for me to draw a moon on my name tag. It's funny because who knew that what I drew 5 months ago would become the person that you are in my life. You're my moon, Camila. You're the light in my darkest nights and the one that is always there for me even when I can't see you sometimes. 

I'm really sorry that I can't be there to spend the day with you. I'll be thinking of you while I'm here. But I hope you enjoy the stuffed puppy, give him lots of cuddles. I love you more than you will ever know. Happy Valentine's Day.

Lauren

What could I have possibly done in my past life to deserve Lauren? Even though she's not here with me, she always finds a way to put a smile on my face, to make me happy and feel loved. And that's all we could really ask for in life right?

Shortly after receiving my present from Lauren, Normani and Dinah arrived at my house with a box of chocolates and pizza.

"I bet you're so excited to spend Valentine's day with us." Dinah teased as the two made their way inside my house.

"Oh yeah!" I replied with sarcasm. "Nothing beats having to spend Valentine's day with two of my best friends," I continued as I put my arms around the two girls.

"Surely Lauren doesn't mind you spending your Valentines day with two other hot girls right?" Normani asked sarcastically, referring to her and Dinah. We all laughed in rensponse before finally settling on the couch and watching Friends With Benefits.

"Gosh, Mila Kunis is so gorgeous," I declared, admiring the actress in the movie.

"You're so gay," Dinah teased.

"Gay for you baby," I replied, turning my head as I laid on my stomach. Dinah rolled her eyes in response.

"Have you always liked girls, Camila?" Normani, asked curiously.

"I don't know," I answered, trying to recall if I have. "Before Lauren, I don't think I've actually ever liked anyone so deeply that I would develop feelings for them."

"Honestly," Dinah interceded. "I think I've always had the notion that you were gay. I mean when me, you, and Ally were little and we would play house, you'd always insist on being the father. Plus, I don't think you even realize this; but whenever we would go out to the beach or the mall, you would always point out how pretty a girl looks, but never say anything about guys."

"Hmm," I thought. "I guess deep down, I have always liked girls even if I didn't know it until Lauren came around." I continued, asking Normani, "When did Lauren know she liked girls?"

"Well, Lauren was all about boys until high school. But I think that she genuinely just falls for people's souls and their minds. Like to her, gender doesn't exist if she can vibe with you," Normani pointed out.

"That's actually one of the reasons why I think I fell for Lauren. She's an authentic person that sometimes it's hard to tell if she even exists because not a lot of people are like her or even think like her," I told Normani honestly.

After finishing the movie, we proceeded our slumber party by watching reruns of Friends. Well, I was actually the only one awake to see the show. Dinah fell asleep, her head resting on Normani's shoulder which I thought looked angelic. Actually, the only time Dinah looks angelic is when she is sleeping. Seeing the two sleeping so peacefully also gave me the thought of how adorable they would be if they were to be a couple. Of course, that's probably impossible considering they're straight and like boys. But then again, I'd like to think that were all a little gay deep inside. Who knows? It's getting really late and I'm sorry that I'm probably rambling.

Yours Truly,
Camila