Nymphs

A/N I had a few people comment that the transition from Supper to Knock at Night was choppy and rough. I looked back and decided that I completely agree with them. So I'm adding this chapter in and another mini chapter from Grayson's POV. For those of you who were honest, thank you and can you please comment again telling me if what I have now is better?

***********************************************************************************************************

I was starting to get to know the elves more than I ever really wanted to. They had requested that I go to dinner with them nightly because, as Sora says, "Mother just loves having you over. You always add an extra layer of amusement with your blunt speech and she is getting old, even for an elf. Would you deny an old lady something that she adores so thoroughly," and as Eros says, "We are only here and doing so well because the elves think we'll be an asset in the near future. Don't piss them off or we're going to have to fight with some kind of supernatural creature when we invade their land." So, I was stuck waking up at four thirty and dragging my sleep deprived self through the woods and into fairyland to have a meal with people that I don't particularly like. 

Most days I was so tired that I go to bed at eight o'clock when Colla does. 

They were trying to get me to be the face of a campaign to bring out supernatural creatures but they were doing it in a slightly round about manner. They weren't outright saying they wanted me to run the campaign; instead they were pointing out what was wrong with the current way of doing things.

Tree nymphs get their trees cut down by unwitting humans who don't know to ask the tree if it will kill someone for them to cut it down. Water nymphs die of the toxins that people dump in the lakes and rivers. Dwarfs get run out of their homes because humans have mining accidents. A lot of the werecreatures accidentally get shot during hunting season, and on occasion they get put in zoos. Dragons are starting to get their caves explored. Fairies get their homes stepped on. Some of the less intelligent supernatural creatures are unable to live in the wild anymore so they are used as pets for the higher ranking supernaturals. Above all, the earth is starting to die because the humans are careless and the supernaturals can't do their jobs as well while dancing around the human population.

Humans didn't have it so great either. When they stumbled into dragon layers they either got eaten or kept as pets. Some werewolves make a living kidnapping human children. When they accidentally caved-in dwarf homes the dwarfs would usually cause a cave-in that would leave people wondering in tunnels until they starve to death. Fairies who get their homes stepped on don't make sure the plants in their area get pollinated because they are busy rebuilding. The potato famine in Ireland was caused by someone who pissed off the fairies, elves and nymphs in their area, their revenge spread quickly. 

There were more deaths than necessary on both sides and the elves were trying to get me to care just a little more by making me come to dinner, which was really breakfast for me, at a ridiculous time of the morning. 

And that is why I am dragging my feet through the forest behind Sora. 

"Do you need me to carry you?" Eros asked, looking at me with concern.

"No," I said yawning, "I'm good. The walk helps to wake me up."

"If you say so..." he replied looking at me with concern.

"How are you guys doing?" Sora asked looking back at Eros and I.

"I still get my daily flowers," I replied trying not to think about how much this felt like prying.

"And..." Sora asked with curious eyes, "I know all the physical things. I already knew he still gets you flowers every day. I know he walks home with you everyday. I know that he is always the one who ends up guarding you. I even know that he has not yet asked you to go on a date, which is unwise if you asked me. What I don't know is if your feelings have changed for him."