Anger

Rosie's dad's POV 

I walked out from under the canopy of the weeping willow and stepped into the sun, thinking about what I was being offered.

It was information that I never would have tried to obtain on my own due to the politics involved in breaking into a SMH. I could give my condolences to the mothers affected by the systematic kidnapping of their children, but I could not help them rescue their children. Now I had the chance to save a great deal of the children. Not only the other children, but for the first time in almost thirteen years I knew where my child was, and I had the prince of the werewolves to thank for that. 

In all probability, I was going to hate him for the rest of my immortal life, he had a supernatural connection to my daughter and that connection caused her to be taken away from me, but this did give him a great deal of brownie-points. 

I looked up at the sky, trying to decide how to best handle the SMH. 

There were only two ways to break into an establishment. The first, the way that Rosie had probably gotten in, was stealth. The second, the way many thieves got into glass cases that might hold fine jewelry, was brute force. Because Rosie had probably used stealth to get in they would have an increase in security until they found a place to move their SMH to. Though I don't have a high opinion of werewolves I know that they are not complete idiots; they would move their SMH as soon as possible. The most I had was a week. 

To use stealth I would be required to discover the new location. 

Brute force, on the other hand, would be faster and send a message of sorts to Kenrick. It would also help to satisfy the anger that I'd been harboring since Rosie first disappeared. 

"Three days," I said, contemplating who my muscle was going to be, "Don't be late or you're going to miss all the fun."

After a few more minutes of thinking I looked back at him with a devious smile, "Have you ever seen a phoenix at work?"

The kid shook his head and started to stared as my fire began to engulf me. 

"It's not something you're going to want to miss. Our ability to command other species, mainly dragons, truly is something to behold," I informed him as the fire crept up my face and I started to shift.

I looked back at the kid after I was done shifting, wondering what it was like for him to see a phoenix for the first time and knowing that his match would someday turn into the same thing. 

A look of wonder adorned his face, making him seem even more child like than he was before. 

Nature just had to say that opposites attract. My daughter, who was far more intelligent than almost any creature could hope to compete with, supposedly had a match who was half as smart as the average wild wolf. It's a wonder he managed to conceive the plan of coming to me for help. 

I lept into the sky, shoving my wings down hard to gain altitude as rapidly as possible. 

It was mildly dangerous to fly low, hunters could see me and think that I make a spectacular quarry or I could be spotted by someone who knows that no natural bird has fire coming off their wings. The best way to fly, is to get extremely high, extremely fast. That way, even if I was spotted, people would simply assume that I was a comet. 

The little female let out a tired squeak and landed on my back, reminding me that I was headed toward Sveta's house. 

I let out a fierce screech, happy that I would finally be able to comfort her with more than empty words, and angled myself toward the kit's home.