Planning

Sora and I didn't talk when we stopped to sleep for the day.  It was a little bit awkward, but all the time in silence allowed me to think about what we're going to face. 

Security at a SMH is going to be three times as tough as it would be for any other place. Everything will probably be fire proof. We won't be able to break the windows, nothing will be left open for us to sneak in. They wouldn't be stupid enough to send all the guards out if there was a disturbance at the edge of the property. There will probably be cameras monitoring the grounds and possibly microphones. They would expect things that can fly, and things coming through the trees and if there was any source of water they would also expect something like that. 

There was one thing that they wouldn't expect, they wouldn't expect me to come up the front driveway. 

I wanted to stake it out, and for that I wouldn't be able to bring Sora with. If I even smelled like her or the griffins they would be suspicious. My clothes had to be new and I was going to have to take a shower. Lucky me, I planned for this possibility. I had cash on me to buy new clothes, and it wouldn't be too hard to find a swimming pool around here. It wasn't so important that I be clean as it was that I don't smell like my supernatural companions. Chlorine would be wonderful for that. If I was lucky it would even cover the scent of having a werewolf match. 

This was the line of thinking that lead me to the back of a taxi cab, reeking of chlorine and wearing a cute little summer dress with small pink and orange polka-dots that clustered at the top and became less frequent at the bottom.

It was so different from what I wore to break in to the castle that I wanted to laugh. Again I didn't look like a bugler but this time it was for a very different reason. My hair was styled and I had big sunglasses covering a good portion of my face, my heals could easily be used as weapons but they weren't so great for walking. The overall effect was that I looked like a spoiled rotten little brat. 

I'd done my research and I was going to be careful to play my part. 

My manager lived at the house I was going to. He said that he may have scored a big audition for me but there were a few details that he wanted to discuss with me in person. I'd never been to his house before but he was busy today and had to see me for lunch. He didn't eat lunch out because he always said that eating out too much would make him fat and his wallet skinny. 

The person who lived in the house next door may not have really been my manager, but he was a manager to a few up-and-coming movie stars. He never ate lunch out, and he generally didn't see clients at his house but had made an exception once or twice for an unusually busy day. 

It was entirely believable that I was one of his clients and had gotten the wrong address. 

The taxi driver dropped me off and I paid him before walking up the neatly manicured lawn. 

It seemed odd to me that there was no gate, but I guess they did that to blend in. Nobody else on this street had a gate. That was for the actual, big time, movie stars. This street had a few actors, but no one who was big enough to need serious security. 

The lack of security didn't mean that the houses were, by any means, small. They were still mansions, they just didn't have as many big guys with guns lurking outside or massive gates.

I guess it made sense for the SMH to not have all the security. They were probably more worried that someone was going to sneak out than that someone would sneak in. Even if someone did sneak in, it wouldn't be a big problem for the guards to carry any human intruders out. Meaning, I had to work quickly. 

It looked like the SMH only had two floors, but there could be more running underground. There were windows on both the top and bottom floor, about ten to each side of the massive doorway. The windows directly to either side of the doorway were just a little bit taller than the doorway, going from the floor of the first floor to about half way up the second floor. Every thing was done in white except the door, which oddly enough, was made of wood.